EC Council Security5

<<

viruz

Post Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:40 pm

EC Council Security5

i was looking at the ec council site recently and i saw a new course as entry level which is Security5, i was thinking it will be good noobs who are new to security or at least for beginners with little about security and really interest to do the CEH to first do the security5 before the main course, like

Security5 -> CEH -> ECSA/LPT or CHFI.

what do you experts on here think of it.

reply will be more appreciated and welcomed.
<<

Laz3r

Post Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:19 pm

Re: EC Council Security5

I'm far from one of the experts on these forums, or anywhere else.  But this cert doesn't seem to be something you'd want to get if your interest is in security field.  It appears tailored for other employees in the company.  It would show an employer that they know about different types of risks, and have a general awareness.  This is not a cert that is meant for aspiring security professionals.

"If you are someone who banks online, pays utility bills online, shops online, have children chatting online, downloads shareware and games, communicates over email, subscribes to a broadband connection or someome who uses a computer system at work /home, then you need to have Security 5 training to help you guard your information assets."

side note: I love when companies forget that spell check exists.
Last edited by Laz3r on Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

viruz

Post Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:11 pm

thanks for the good post, what cert can be considered as an entry cert into the security field, which will broaden the knowledge of the candidate after which he/she can go for the CEH
<<

UNIX

Post Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:56 pm

I have to agree with Laz3r that this seems not really as something which is really into security but more on a general level someone should know. I am assuming that the contents taught in this course will be easier to find in the www then the ones taught in more advanced courses.

Maybe we will see how this course is when the first independent reviews appear.
<<

mambru

Post Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:54 am

viruz wrote:thanks for the good post, what cert can be considered as an entry cert into the security field, which will broaden the knowledge of the candidate after which he/she can go for the CEH

I think the Security+ cert is very convenient for people trying to start in the field
<<

venom77

Post Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:52 am

Agree with the statements above - Security+ is a good entry point.

Security5 is not new, it's been around for a while. I've always thought of it more as a 'security awareness' course for end users, not something for security professionals.

BillV
<<

viruz

Post Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:46 am

thanks for the post

Return to Network Pen Testing