An Introduction

<<

Laz3r

Post Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:55 pm

An Introduction

Greetings EH.  I wanted to take a quick second to introduce myself.  My name is Mike and I'm a 23 student living in Colorado.  I'm currently studying for my MCSA, and from there plan to delve deeper into Security and Pen Testing.  I've had my eyes on this site and the forums here for a long time and figured it was time I stop being a "guest".  I'm quiet a fan of this place, as it is one of the very few places where threads aren't littered with flames and internet tough talking.  So thank you for that.

I am still fairly new to IT Security and Hacking, only about eight months or so.  Though I have little applicable knowledge of Pen Testing, it seems to be a field that never runs out of challenges or new things to learn.  And that is a really attractive aspect of a career field.

Since I'm already posting, might as well fire off a quick question.

I'm looking for some good sites for IT Security news.  I've done a little Google'ing which has turned up a few good ones, but what's your favorite?

Thanks for you time,
Laz3r
<<

UNIX

Post Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:58 pm

Re: An Introduction

Hello and welcome to EH, Laz3r. :)
It is always nice to see new people around.

Though I have little applicable knowledge of Pen Testing, it seems to be a field that never runs out of challenges or new things to learn.  And that is a really attractive aspect of a career field.

I fully agree with you, this is something which is one of the major points for me too.

Some really good news and discussions can be found in bugtraq mailinglists at www.securityfocus.com .
<<

RoleReversal

Post Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:23 am

Lazr, Welcome.

Google is really your best source if your looking for anything specific. Plus take a look around the EH forums for plenty of great material that has already been listed.

However, if you're wanting a quick list of *lots* of links, try the Getting your fill of Security post, over at room362.

Should keep you busy for a good while,
Happy hunting
<<

unsupported

Post Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:07 am

FIRST!

Just kidding.  welcome to EH!  Do not be afraid to ask questions.  You may not get the exact answer you wanted, but it is one of the only ways to learn. :)
-Un
CISSP, GCIH, GCIA, C|EH, Sec+, Net+, MCP
<<

venom77

Post Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:18 am

Welcome to the site :)

You may want to have a look at the OPML file that Jason (JHaddix) had posted a while back... that should have plenty of security stuff for you to read :P

http://www.securityaegis.com/?p=35

BillV
<<

jason

Post Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:38 am

Welcome. I'm in Colorado as well, PM me sometime.
<<

Laz3r

Post Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:16 am

Thank you for the welcomes and the links.  Took me a little time to figure what to do with the opml, but once I did, it was great.  The room362 link had some nice twitter feeds too, which was something else I was looking for.

-Laz3r

Return to News Items and General Discussion About EH-Net