registering for ceh bootcamp

<<

mikedr

Post Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:46 am

registering for ceh bootcamp

hello, i have read quite somethings on this great forum and i find them really interesting and nice.

i have a question which i like to ask as a beginner, i have worked with computers for over 8 years and i have worked as a cyber cafe operator before, where i handle the networking of the systems and also installations and formatting of pc, in short i understand computer and i can handle many of the task, i was study computer science in an african country but dropped out due to some reasons. I have no computer degree of do not have any IT certificate, i am keen on learning more and the aspect of computer and information security, i have looked into the certifications available and i think the OSCP is good but as a starter i think CEH is more introductory into the field, i have handed many hacking tools before and i understand the concept and usage of the tools, like nmap, nessus and many more, also some linux distro.

I have decided to get the CEH certification so i can begin a career with it but i am confused somethings, i was looking at the courseware requirement of v6 and i saw that u will need to state the IT experience, company you work for, title and job responsibility. How can i enroll for the boot camp/training considering my situation, i think i can do it and my instincts tells me i can, so please i need your advice here.

thank you.
<<

mambru

Post Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:55 pm

Re: registering for ceh bootcamp

I don't know if the process changed for v6, but I took the bootcamp for v5 and none of that information was required to enroll. Maybe you should contact the EC-Council staff to get more details and explain your situation.
<<

venom77

Post Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:20 pm

The requirements are mostly set for those that don't take the class and opt for self-study. Can you provide the link you're reading from?

If you have the experience you've stated, and you've got experience with the various hacking tools, etc. then you should be fine to take the course.

BillV
<<

mikedr

Post Sat Jun 13, 2009 8:43 pm

thanks for your encouragement and advice, i really do have the experience with the tools, and also with computers in general.

I download the ceh v6 book from the internet.

Also, i dont think i am getting the list of ATC in canada, i like to take the training in canada real soon.
thanks

Return to CEH - Certified Ethical Hacker