how to access secure wep wifi link

<<

stephenkinma

Post Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:40 pm

how to access secure wep wifi link

Hi, Im new to this site and also to hacking. when I scan for wifi connections on my laptop I pick up a lot of local SECURE signals.
Can somebody please tell me how I can access any of these connections and what software I need. I know Im new to this but Im a fast learner.
many thanks in advance.
<<

KrisTeason

Post Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:42 pm

Re: how to access secure wep wifi link

o0o 50m3b0dy t43cl-l l-l1|\/| |-|0\/\/ +0 |33 1337.

Lamer alert!

Welcome to ethicalhacker.net,

what part of ethical don't you understand?
eCPPT (Silver/Gold), eWPT, GSEC, GISP, GCIH, OSCP, OSWP
<<

stephenkinma

Post Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:49 pm

So I guess the info I got about this site was wrong.
I was under the impression that people on here would be glad to pass on knowledge. Am I wrong ?
<<

KrisTeason

Post Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:51 pm

People here are knowledgeable & alot are security professionals. You can't come to a place with white hats asking how to break into a secured access point that isn't your own. Do you have written permission to do an audit on the access point? I don't think anyone here's going to spoon feed you in breaking the law.  
eCPPT (Silver/Gold), eWPT, GSEC, GISP, GCIH, OSCP, OSWP
<<

don

Administrator
Administrator

Post Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:54 pm

You are not wrong. But the information sharing is always with the understanding that it is in an ethical way. An ethical hacker uses the same tools and techniques as the bad guys but has permission of the owners of the systems. Maybe this is a more polite way to say it, but I truly don't think you have the permission of the "local SECURE signals" hitting your laptop. This is not only unethical but also illegal. So maybe take this as good advice that we are trying to prevent you from getting into trouble. Buy a cheap AP and hack your own lab.

So that being said, try aircrack ng. Next time at least pretend like you're trying to test your own systems or those for which you have permission.

Don
CISSP, MCSE, CSTA, Security+ SME
<<

stephenkinma

Post Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:14 pm

Don sorry if I got off on the wrong foot, guess thats me all over. I just wanted to prove to mate that I could learn how to hack his site in just one evening. He laughed because he knows how green I am where computers are concerned. Im going to call it a day and close my account on here because everyone thinks Im a no-gooder.
thanks for the advice anyway.
chow

steve
<<

don

Administrator
Administrator

Post Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:36 pm

Hey Steve,

Never too late especially when a man apologizes. If you change your mind, we'll still be here.

Don
CISSP, MCSE, CSTA, Security+ SME

Return to Wireless