Feature Requestin Ethicalhacker.net

<<

***ALLSTAR***

Location: *All Time All Greatest All HITS That's Me The ALLSTAR*

Post Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:21 am

Feature Requestin Ethicalhacker.net

This are the few Request from me to EthicalHacker.net This feature will help everyone.

*A Shoutbox[Openly Chatbox] as a result people will learn more. It will benefit the members, as well elite member could provide help through it.;)

*Could please make a child forum as video tutorial section. Where everyone will post video tutorial. Because by video tutorial people can learn much more easily.

Thanks In Advance.
Hope Admin And Mod Will Take This Into Their Consideration :D 
OCP 9i DBA Certify[I know in a security base forum I'm the only one with DBA certify. That's why I wish to learn BT4]
<<

venom77

Post Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:02 am

Re: Feature Requestin Ethicalhacker.net

Aren't the forums sort of like an open chatbox/shoutbox where you can already post questions on whatever you have?

And there are a variety of tutorials and such available. Check out the columns or run a search. You're sure to find some things of interest.

Nonetheless, welcome to the site.

BillV
<<

don

Administrator
Administrator

Post Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:51 am

Welcome to EH-Net and thanks for the suggestions.

I think Bill handled the first, and I agree.

As for a separate section for videos, I don't think the current tutorial board is overflowing. If it was, then I would look at getting more specific with a child board. In the meantime, how about just changing the title to reflect the type of tutorial? Something like:

Video: Name or Tool Used

As you can see on the right hand side under Recent Forum Topics, the main board will appear before the title of the thread, so it would look like:

Tutorials : Video: Name or Tool Used

I'll keep it in the hopper for future consideration.

Thanks again,
Don
CISSP, MCSE, CSTA, Security+ SME
<<

UNIX

Post Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:45 am

***ALLSTAR*** wrote:[...]
*Could please make a child forum as video tutorial section. Where everyone will post video tutorial. Because by video tutorial people can learn much more easily.
[...]

You think so? In my opinion most (free and also some commercial) video tutorials/ trainings are at a very low skilllevel and you won't learn really anything as by reading a book. I don't mean things like cbt nuggets which I really like (at least the ones I have studied) but the video tutorials I mean you will find in most scriptkiddy boards and won't teach anything except clicking some tools.

I think video trainings could be helpful as an additional resource by showing something in a visual way, as many people will remember things more easily using this way, but personally I prefer books much more.

Return to News Items and General Discussion About EH-Net