Bypass bluecoat web security

<<

Peao

Post Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:57 am

Bypass bluecoat web security

Hi there Guys!

I'm just a newbie and blue coat web security is blocking my freedom to learn.

Is there any working way to bypass it?

If there is already a post showing it please be patient and tell me where to find it.

Thanks
<<

venom77

Post Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:56 am

Re: Bypass bluecoat web security

Looks like Google is probably your best friend. That BlueCoat is probably 1) supposed to be there 2) doing it's job and 3) probably not run by you (otherwise you'd go around it).

Good luck.
<<

don

Administrator
Administrator

Post Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:23 pm

To add to what Bill said...

If it was meant to be there, then you should go to the admin and ask the same question. If you ask nicely, he might just give you more access. If he's blocking just EH-Net, tell him about us and ask him to add us to his white list.

Don
CISSP, MCSE, CSTA, Security+ SME
<<

Peao

Post Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:20 am

Hi guys!

It's not blocking EHNET but it blocks almost everything else. Even google.it.ao is blocked (of course I can use the others until they're not blocked). All download sites even for books are blocked. If I want to learn something I can't.

I already spoke to him and he said that the objective is to lower the network usage and he can't open no exceptions.

I already googled for a solution and downloaded a few tunnels software. They even work for some days but then they are blocked. I also learned that the best way should be to build your own tunnel software.

I expect that you guys should help me because my only objective is to download books and learn more.

Maybe you could help me with a tutorial that teaches how to create a tunnel software.

Thanks
<<

venom77

Post Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:08 am

While I don't support evading filters, I have been in the same situation. I'm not going to tell you how to do it, but I'll get you pointed in the right direction. The rest is up to you*

Google

* disclaimer: EH-Net and its members will not be held responsible for your actions taken from knowledge acquired from any posts, articles, columns or any other media at EH-Net by any of its owners, members, columnists, groupies or guinea pigs. Any actions you take, are at your own risk and may result in legal action, jail time, fines, deportation, death, being fed to man-eating sharks, having your ISP cut you off, or someone being angry with you.

Enjoy ;)
<<

Peao

Post Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:49 am

Hi guys!

It's a sign of laziness when people ask things without going to google first and is also a sign of laziness when you ask something and people just say google for it.

I already tried google several times and tried the options they gave. I arrived to the conclusion that or you own the bluecoat server or you make your own tunnel software.

If you guys can't or don't want to help you could simply say ''we won't help''.

But thanks for bothering to answer anyway
<<

Ketchup

Post Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:20 am

Peao, this is an ethical hacker forum.  The problem is not that we won't help you, it's that your purpose of bypassing the proxy may not be ethical.  By telling you exactly how to do what you want we would be violating the ethical part. 

If you think you have a legit reason for bypassing this proxy, research ssh tunneling. 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ketchup
<<

Peao

Post Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:58 am

Ketchup,

Thanks for the info. The only reason is to learn more. Websites like scribd, and websites with videos even if it's to teach are blocked. But if my reasons are not enough thanks anyway.

Thanks to everyone that replied
<<

venom77

Post Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:05 am

Hahaha...

Ok "mr resourceful" who has already searched google, apparently you're not resourceful enough to click my link or even bother to see where it points...

Way to go...

That being said, "I won't help" [further]. ;)

BillV
<<

UNIX

Post Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:53 am

Peao wrote:[...]
I expect that you guys should help me because my only objective is to download books and learn more.

Maybe you could help me with a tutorial that teaches how to create a tunnel software.
[...]

Somehow funny to read that you expect it..

As far as I know blue coat is used mostly by companies and schools. If you are at work or school maybe you should do what it is meant to when you are at such places.  ::)

As BillV already wrote, you may check httport and see if it could be of any use for you.

Return to Tutorial Requests