USB Keylogger

<<

g00d_4sh

Post Tue May 26, 2009 6:08 pm

USB Keylogger

I was wondering if any of you hardware enthusiasts out there have taken to creating your own usb key loggers yet.  I'm pondering looking into it, and wondering if anyone has had any kits or such they've liked... or done much in the way of comparing them.  The price for a usb keylogger is coming down though... I found a few decent looking ones for 60ish for a gig of key strokes.  Any thoughts?
"Bad.. Good?  I'm the guy with the gun"
<<

jason

Post Tue May 26, 2009 9:05 pm

Re: USB Keylogger

I posted on this a while back:

http://www.ethicalhacker.net/component/ ... ic,3107.0/

with no particular luck. Of course you can easily go the autorun route with any old piece of software, but that's not what I'm after.
<<

UNIX

Post Wed May 27, 2009 1:12 am

So far I have only built a PS/2 Keylogger by myself. While testing around it worked with most of my PS/2->USB adapters but unfortunately not with all.

Currently I am also writing an article about hardware keyloggers where I also compare different ones but it will published only in a few months unfortunately because of various reasons.

So far I can tell you that there are not major differences between most products available. However, I haven't testet them as extensively as I want yet.
<<

jason

Post Wed May 27, 2009 10:52 pm

I've seen the plans for the homebrew PS2 loggers also. They are unfortunately a bit limited in utility anymore as many modern machines no longer include PS2 ports. I also experimented with using a PS2 to USB adapter and had the same poor results. I would be very interested in a DIY USB version, particularly if it was something that could be fabbed up from common components. I'd feel better about losing one if they were cheaper.
<<

UNIX

Post Sat Jun 13, 2009 11:35 am

I heard that soon a tutorial will be published on how to create a wireless hardware keylogger by yourself. ;) Although I am not sure if it was USB or PS/2..

For others who would prefer to buy a hardware keylogger rather than build it by yourself I am currently working on some reviews about products available on the market.
<<

UNIX

Post Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:31 am

On my website you will find some reviews on hardware keyloggers. More to come soon, hope you like them.

If you have any more questions please feel free to ask.

Return to Hardware