CCNA1 v4 exam tips?

<<

ethicalhack3r

Post Thu May 14, 2009 10:08 am

CCNA1 v4 exam tips?

Hello,
Im doing my CCNA1 v4.0 final exam tomorrow morning. Is there any one here who has done it and can offer some tips/advice?

Thank you!
<<

UNIX

Post Thu May 14, 2009 10:12 am

Re: CCNA1 v4 exam tips?

I have so far done 1-3 and currently working on 4. So far all where not that hard and where easy to pass if you have studied the course material well. Read the questions carefully.

Good luck, looking forward to hear about your results. ;)
<<

Higgins

Post Thu May 14, 2009 12:07 pm

Hopefully this isn't seen as a thread-jack, but I was wondering a few things...

I wasn't sure what you were referring to by CCNA1 v4.0 until a did a google search.  Looks like you guys are referring to the Cisco Network Academy.

How much does a course/curriculum like this cost?  I had a hard time finding that information online.

Thanks, and good luck on v4.0 final!
<<

Ignatius

Post Thu May 14, 2009 3:25 pm

The cost varies, depending upon the centre where you study.  I've just completed CCNA and got the exam.  The centre where I've been studying charges 400GBP per semester (2 semesters per year) but I know of one that charges only 100GBP per semester.  I have no idea why there's such a difference but, If I'd known about the second one earlier, I would have transferred!
<<

ethicalhack3r

Post Thu May 14, 2009 7:03 pm

Thanks for the info! I get to do my CCNA for free as its funded by my university, well... I suppose Ive paid in a roundabout way...

I seem to be really struggleing with subnetting, I can just about do it with pen and paper however im sure my lecturer said we wernt alloud any during the exam and had to do it off the top of our heads. Im going to take them anyway just in case.

If I dont post again its because I failed, lol  :-\
<<

former33t

Post Thu May 14, 2009 7:56 pm

I passed my CCNA some years ago with flying colors.  I would have suggested that you learn subnetting inside and out.  Its not just about knowing it, its about being able to do it quickly.  Too many exam questions indirectly rely on you being able to do it.  I've been doing it for years, but even still I was worried I choke under pressure.

When you get to the exam, before the time starts, I wrote down my subnetting charts on the scratch paper they provide.  It took less than five minutes and when I was done I started the exam for time.  I constantly referred back to the chart and knew that those figures were correct.  It was one less thing that I had to think about.

Hope that helps, I know it saved me.
Certifications: CREA, MCSE: Security, CCNA, Security+, other junk
<<

UNIX

Post Fri May 15, 2009 12:03 am

The costs vary very much from what I know, depending where you take it. If you are still at school or university you may ask one of the uppers if you can make it through your school (you can also ask your company, often they are glad to see that their employes want to improve theirselfs and pay you for it).

Good luck ethicalhack3r ;)
<<

ethicalhack3r

Post Fri May 15, 2009 6:08 am

I passed! ;D With a total score of 84% (theory + practical)!

Thanks everyone for the help!

Doing my CCNA 2,3 and 4 over the next few years through uni, I hope I do as well for all of them.

Now that I have passed the CCNA1, how would I word it on my CV?

CCNA?
CCNA1?
CCNA1 v.4.0?
CCNA Part 1?

Thanks again!
<<

UNIX

Post Fri May 15, 2009 6:11 am

Congratulations! ;)

For your resume I would write something like CCNA 1 - Networking Basics and the date you passed it.
Last edited by UNIX on Fri May 15, 2009 6:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

ethicalhack3r

Post Fri May 15, 2009 6:19 am

Thanks UNIX!  :)
<<

bobRichards2

Post Mon May 18, 2009 9:10 pm

There is an extremely good site for learning anything to do with the CCNA exam requirements. It is:
http://www.howtonetwork.net.&nbsp; It is a commercial site costing around US$9 a month which is very small for the level of information presented.
It provides a system that allows "in the head" subnet calculation that is both quick and accurate.
I am still a subscriber even though I am studying the CCNP.
I can not stress how useful I have found the site.  And NO I am not affiliated with it in any way.
<<

celord

Post Mon May 18, 2009 9:30 pm

The site looks good bobRichards2  and it's not expensive... do you found it better than pass4sure or the options like it ?

Return to General Certification