CHFI Elgilbility

<<

the_Grinch

Post Sat May 09, 2009 2:18 am

CHFI Elgilbility

Having passed the CEH I was looking into taking the CHFI in a couple of months (gotta finish my CCNA and then on to CCNA:Security to round it out).  My question is what are the elgilbility requirements?  Is self-study an option?  Thanks!
BS-CST Security+

Blog:  http://havewire.blogspot.com/
<<

venom77

Post Sun May 10, 2009 7:16 am

Re: CHFI Elgilbility

Self study is an option for all EC-Council certifications. You just need to purchase a voucher to receive your registration code.
<<

kennut

Post Tue May 12, 2009 9:29 am

I'm doing self study on this. Will be getting this book soon ->The Official CHFI Study Guide (Exam 312-49).

Also obtained the CHFI v3 slides and a pass4sure software, and plan to take the exam when I'm done with them.

;D
Done all 3 certs, now going for CISSP.....
<<

Awesome!

Post Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:35 am

BillV wrote:Self study is an option for all EC-Council certifications. You just need to purchase a voucher to receive your registration code.

Hi there, how does one do that?, how much does it cost and also is it possible for someone to write the cert without having any experience in security domains and also without attending the official ATC course on CHFI. thanks in advance

regards,
<<

pawan_kumar

Post Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:20 am

Awesome! wrote:
BillV wrote:Self study is an option for all EC-Council certifications. You just need to purchase a voucher to receive your registration code.

Hi there, how does one do that?, how much does it cost and also is it possible for someone to write the cert without having any experience in security domains and also without attending the official ATC course on CHFI. thanks in advance

regards,

Yes if one can self study the EC Council courses then whats the use to make ATC of EC Council i have done CEH v6 from Jodo Institute, New Delhi there i got hands on training on CEH instructor led modules and planning to do CHFI there.
<<

venom77

Post Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:44 pm

Some people learn differently and don't learn very well when doing self-study, therefore they need to be taught in a classroom.

How does one self-study for CHFI? Buy the courseware, buy the review guide or study the objectives using other material. You'll need to purchase a voucher for the exam from EC-Council and you will receive the registration code needed to schedule your test. You may need to purchase courseware from a local distributor. Send an email to info@eccouncil.org with questions.

EC-Council Courseware/Vouchers
CHFI Objectives
<<

Silver535d

Post Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:02 pm

Hey,

I need some help/advice,

I am a System admin with a MCSE 2003,

I am looking for a new direction in my career and was interested in the IT security area.

I am thinking of doing ECSA/LPT (CEH combined) or CHFI courses.
Can any one answer my questions below?

1) Is the ECSA/LPT, CEH ,CHFI recognised by the industry?
2) Are they sort after qualifications?
3) Once certified will find jobs for these skills?
4) Will I need to have any knowledge in any programming languages?
5) Am I going down the right path?
6) Can any one explain what a Penetration Tester does (other than the basics)
7) Will being a certified Hacker have any negativity?

I appreciate it if any one has any real world expertise in theses area’s to give me a heads up please.

Thanks
Silver-535d
<<

impelse

Post Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:41 pm

You already now the answer, remember that having the MCSE does not guarantee a job. It helps you to put your feet for an interview and depending of the company will let you to work with them with your knowledge or will require more experience.

Remember how you build you exp with servers, it is the same for penetration testing.
CCNA, Security+, 70-290, 70-291
CCNA Security
Taking Hackingdojo training

Return to CHFI - Computer Hacking Forensic Investigator