Solectek Wireless

<<

Ketchup

Post Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:22 am

Solectek Wireless

I am doing an audit for a client who uses Solectek Wireless Point-to-Point connections between their buildings.  All the buildings are within a mile of each other.  I've been doing some preliminary reviews of the configuration files of the home base, which is an omni-directional antenna.  It appears to be operating on approximately RF 5800, at 20 mbps or so.  That puts in either, 802.11a or 802.11n spectrum. 

I am not used to seeing that range for point to point connections between buildings.  I am more used to microwave-based antennae.  We haven't gotten to the pen-test portion yet, but I wanted to get some preliminary research done.  I am guessing that you can pick up this signal with a typical wireless card.  If that's so, that would but the security level of this setup almost entirely into the hands of the encryption level.  This, plus the omni-directional antenna is making me nervous.

Has anyone done an testing on Solectek equipment?  I am planning to read the docs, but I wondering if anyone can offer some advice. 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ketchup
<<

termight

Post Sat May 09, 2009 10:46 am

Re: Solectek Wireless

hi
this is just an advice why don't you go to the Soletek's website and find out the frequency range of their anntenae, more so check if they user microwave

thanks
>>There Is Always A Blind Spot In
>>Every Software, It's Up To Us To Find It
<<

Ketchup

Post Sat May 09, 2009 1:29 pm

Re: Solectek Wireless

Thanks, it's definitely not microwave.  It's actually about 50 Mhz outside the spectrum for 802.11a.  I tested it, 802.11a or 802.11n cards do not pick up signal.  I think that I am just going to have to examine the config manually.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ketchup

Return to Wireless