It has been a while for me since I have done this, but here is SYSPREP in a nutshell:
1. Your core a machine, install your software, do all your customizations, etc. Don't worry about configuring user profile settings because they will be wiped out.
2. Obtain the Deploy.cab file from your Windows disk in the \Support\Tools folder. Use the same version of Deploy.cab as your Service Pack level.
3. Extract the data from the Deploy.cab somewhere on your hard drive and run the sysprep.exe file from your drive.
4. Basically follow the wizard and allow it prep your system in order for it to be cloned.
5. Once the wizard finishes, shut down, do not restart, your machine. Remove the drive and clone it as many times as you need.
6. Once you have cloned the drive and boot the cloned machine, it will go through a mini setup, detecting hardware and configuring profiles.
That's really it.