Xbox 360 Firmware Hack,

<<

Thegmandrive

Post Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:50 pm

Xbox 360 Firmware Hack,

I know this is kind of geeky, but, does anyone here hack or mod there firmware for gaming platforms? Just curious to see if there is anyone here who, like me finds them self hacking hardware with customized firmware, for fun. I have modded a PSP, My original xbox, my xbox 360, a Nintendo DS, a Playstation, Just for fun. Half the time I never even play the systems :)

I Just recently upgraded my mac pro with a custom firmware to make my dvd drive region free, 

I also just modded my 360 with a dvdrom firmware to allow me to play copied games and load custom app's. 

I find my self doing things like that, just because I can, and I find my self not able to sleep until it's complete :) anyone else crazy like that :)  lol

Peace. 
<<

sleepless

Post Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:02 pm

Re: Xbox 360 Firmware Hack,

Heh. I haven't yet gotten round to attempting to hack my 360, maybe when it is out warranty though.. The only real firmware *hacking* I have done is to put dd-wrt on my wireless routers. I managed to brick one and then resurrect it which was a bit of fun. I am really keen to get coreboot happening on a SBC I have, but even better would by to have it on my EEE... I do know exacactly what you are talking about - I just haven't had the time as yet to carry out all the hacks that occupy an untoward amount of space in my head :P
<<

jason

Post Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:38 pm

I'm in the same boat of having stuck my toe in a bit by putting tweaked firmware on my WRT54G, but that's about it. I'm definitely interested in the area though.
<<

crk

Post Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:50 pm

I'm pretty impressed with anyone who can hack or mod their 360. I'm actually in the process of repairing mine- kept red ringing on me:-(
<<

Thegmandrive

Post Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:27 am

jason wrote:I'm in the same boat of having stuck my toe in a bit by putting tweaked firmware on my WRT54G, but that's about it. I'm definitely interested in the area though.

Cool, Jason i'm not 100% sure on the rules of ethical hacking would it be appropriate for me to submit a tutorial on how I did it to my 360? There are a lot of methods out there, but the ones I found didn't really work for me, so I had to wing it a bit :) but it worked. There is also a way to copy the games, and again most of those tutorials were wrong.

Just a thought, Let me know if you guys would be interested in a tutorial. If it's not against the rules that is :)
<<

veteran5555

Post Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:31 pm

Thanks guys, yes I would be interested in a precision tutorial. There are tutorials out there but some are bad. The only thing I know now is you need to mod it for the wave 3 generation of games, the new games coming out.  :)
<<

3PIL0GU3

Post Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:33 am

I've softmodded my wii and eventually ended up banner bricking it which is great because now i can learn to fix it. I bought a modchip a drive key haven't put it in yet, but now i need to find an original gamecube controller or somehow ghet a savemiifrii:P
----------------------------
CEH

Return to Hardware