CEH training in Belgium

<<

frever

Post Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:04 am

CEH training in Belgium

Hi,

Does anybody know a good training facility for CEH training in or near Belgium?
I followed my CISSP training at WestCon Belgium.
And they provide a 5 day course for CEH.
But while I very much liked the CISSP material (provided by IP3), I didn't like the training itself at all..
I also found 3 day courses in Belgium, what's that all about?

Any ideas/thoughts/experiences?
<<

venom77

Post Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:25 am

Re: CEH training in Belgium

No personal experience (I'm in the US), but you could send an email to info@eccouncil.org asking for a list of ATC's from which to choose.

BillV
<<

eRiCtHyReD

Post Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:39 am

I personally think that trainings for CEH do not really have an added value. I understand trainings for CISSP which has a lot of theory, but CEH is more practice oriented. You better practice on some VMs rather than sitting on a 5 days class to see how the instructor show you how to hack stuff...
CEH MCSE CCNA  Security+ Network+ A+
<<

hayabusa

Post Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:08 am

While I think I understand where you're coming from, eRiCtHyReD, I tend to disagree.  Don't get me wrong, as I self-study a LOT more than I attend bootcamps, etc.  However, bootcamps have more value than simply "sitting on a 5 days class to see how the instructor show you how to hack stuff..."  (And this statement obviously depends highly on the training provider / individual instructor, attending members of the class, etc.)  I do agree, that simply attending the bootcamp is not enough, and you should spend a lot of time in your own labs, practicing and learning the true workings of the tools and processes / procedures behind CEH.

That said...

Bootcamps offer real-world scenarios, where you can discuss, openly, the various attacks, and how they might affect certain sectors differently.  In my particular class, we had attendees from the NSA, as well as folks from Police / FBI and other areas.  We had the opportunity to openly discuss, and SEE various tools and methods they've used (not just the instructors,) and how they used them, and it wasn't simply a generic 'how-to' on the tools, themselves.  Further, you gain insight into thought processes of other pentesters, and might pick up different ideas for how certain things might be accomplished.

So, while I do understand the feeling of "You better practice on some VMs rather than sitting on a 5 days class to see how the instructor show you how to hack stuff...", that's fully dependent upon the circumstances of the individual class offering you get.  If it's a well-instructed class, and they offer off-hours lab time and opportunities for discussion, it's well worth it, IMHO.
~ hayabusa ~ 

"All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved." - Sun Tzu, 'The Art of War'

OSCE, OSCP , GPEN, C|EH
<<

smorgan

Post Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:01 am

Hi Frever,

Not sure if you are still looking to get trained in CEH. But we do offer 5 day accelerated classroom training in the UK. 

Let me know if you would be interested. More information can be found here - http://www.firebrandtraining.co.uk/cour ... acking.asp

Return to General Certification