September 18 - 19, 2009
Any con with the catch phrase "HACKING FOR B33R" is worth a look.
BruCON aims to become the best and most fun hacking (*) and security event in Belgium and W. Europe offering a high quality line up of speakers, opportunities of networking with peers, hacking challenges and workshops. Organized in Brussels, BruCON is an open-minded gathering of people discussing computer security, privacy, information technology and its cultural/technical implications on society. The conference creates bridges between the various actors active in computer security world, included but not limited to hackers(*), security professionals, security communities, non-profit organizations, CERTs, students, law enforcement agencies, etc...
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to :
- Electronic/Digital Privacy
- Wireless Network and Security
- Attacks on Information Systems and/or Digital Information Storage
- Web Application and Web Services Security
- Lockpicking & physical security
- Spyware, Phishing and Botnets (Distributed attacks)
- Hardware hacking, embedded systems and other electronic devices
- Mobile devices exploitation, Symbian, P2K and bluetooth technologies
- Electronic Voting
- Free Software and Security
- Standards for Information Security
- Legal and Social Aspect of Information Security
- Software Engineering and Security
- Security in Information Retrieval
- Network security
- Security aspects in SCADA, industrial environments and "obscure" networks
- Forensics and Anti-Forensics
- Mobile communications security and vulnerabilities
- Information warfare and industrial espionage.
For more info: