Hey guyz am new here so i wana bcome a good hacker and wht are the basic i need 2 learn in programmi

<<

Soolari

Post Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:46 am

Hey guyz am new here so i wana bcome a good hacker and wht are the basic i need 2 learn in programmi

HElp
<<

Soolari

Post Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:49 am

Re: Hey guyz am new here so i wana bcome a good hacker and wht are the basic i need 2 learn in progr

I need vb tutorials pls
<<

NickFnord

Post Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:35 am

Re: Hey guyz am new here so i wana bcome a good hacker and wht are the basic i need 2 learn in progr

if your subject line is accurate and you want to "learn to be a good hacker" stay away from VB as your first language.

learn python or perl and definately learn to at least read C/C++
<<

KrisTeason

Post Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:02 am

I'll second that, I took up Visual Basic 6 when I was 15 & seriously wish I didn't waste my time learning it, regardless if your learning VB6 or .NET, both would be wasting your time. VB Programmers are paid lower than C++ programmers as well, don't waste your time with the language.
eCPPT (Silver/Gold), eWPT, GSEC, GISP, GCIH, OSCP, OSWP
<<

NickFnord

Post Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:34 am

not to mention the fact that it teaches sloppy programming habits (although I've not used vb.net)
<<

RoleReversal

Post Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:38 am

Soolari,

it's been a long time since I read it (mostly for a laugh) but if I remember correctly the 'h4x0r handbook' has an example and walkthrough or writing a keylogger in VB. hope this helps.

But like others have said, if possible stay away from VB, it's bad for your health....

RR
<<

Artful Dodger

Post Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:45 am

Spelling and attention to detail is extremely important.
CISSP, C|HFI, Security+, Network+, XYZ...blah.
<<

jason

Post Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:51 am

You beat me to it Dodger  ;D Typing everything in semi-l33t is definitely going to put a damper on programming in most any language.
<<

don

Administrator
Administrator

Post Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:17 am

Don't dump your whole load in the subject line. Leaves you nowhere to go. Your subject line only left you with "Help" for the actual post. Which brings me to another point...

Being a good hacker means being able to research. Now we're here to help, but bring something to the table instead of just help.

Welcome to EH-Net,
Don
CISSP, MCSE, CSTA, Security+ SME
<<

KrisTeason

Post Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:09 pm

NickFnord wrote:not to mention the fact that it teaches sloppy programming habits (although I've not used vb.net)

That's definitely true, plus when you get comfortable with coding in Visual Basic (VB9 && / || VB6) you look at another language like C# / C++ & Java and go, "wtf". Simply because when your used to coding in that programming language, you get used to that, "I want a text box here, so I'm just going to drag it onto the form", "I want a label here, I'll just drag it on" - not to say Visual Basic is just drag and drop, it definitely takes some thing of the syntax when you get to coding but then again it all depends what your programming. I know a couple of Visual Basic programmers, 1 being my teacher & a close friend of mine. My teacher says to the class about 3 weeks ago, "I look at c and go...heh -throws hands like a gay guy here-". Even before he said that my buddy told me he's been doing VB so long that he can't exactly get used to the syntax of other languages.

VB is really different syntax wise to those other programming languages, except for delphi which I found to be similar to C# and VB. I think over all when you get used to programming in that language you develop that lazy habit and when your introduced to new programming syntax, you will either be enough mentally to actually learn that new language or you'll fall behind like my teacher and buddy did.

Jason, dude I saw the rating on that book...LMFAO...thank God I didn't purchase that book, I already wasted my cash a few years back and purchased The Unofficial Guide To Ethical Hacking" and this book was absolute garbage...it came with ways you can "Hack" your registry keys to do this and that, didn't even go into detail with any subject, and I could say so much more...I'm already off topic though...

but yeah, soolari I'd say learn C++ because once you get the hang of it, it's syntax is very similar to Java, C#, Etc , so you can easily move to learning those alternate languages easier. If you do Visual Basic and look at C++ programming syntax, you'll shit yourself.
Last edited by KrisTeason on Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
eCPPT (Silver/Gold), eWPT, GSEC, GISP, GCIH, OSCP, OSWP
<<

timmedin

Post Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:08 pm

jason wrote:You beat me to it Dodger  ;D Typing everything in semi-l33t is definitely going to put a damper on programming in most any language.

Not to pick on Soolari, just my thoughts to follow. (really I am not bashing him)

I find it semi-rude when and unknown someone asks me a question in a difficult to read fashion. The helper is helping out of the goodness of his heart so being a good student will help in the learning. If you want help effective communcation is going to help get the best response.

I look at it like some foreign languages, let's say French. There are to ways to address another individual, the formal and informal. I would talk to friends in an information fashion and expect the same in return, but someone else I would expect (and give) a little more courtesy. The more formal is typically used when conversing with some whom you respect or are subjacent to, especially in a teacher student fashion. Maybe I am a bit out of line, but that is they way I see it.
twitter.com/timmedin | http://blog.securitywhole.com
<<

Soolari

Post Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:17 pm

Hey guyz that 4 the rply, plz can sum1 give the compiler link 4 java c++ and cobol thanx and bookz
<<

g00d_4sh

Post Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:20 am

*walks into the room wearing his jedi robes (pajamas)*

"Learn you must the power of google.  The google is weak with this one... much practice he needs." 

$DO || ! $DO ; try
try: command not found
"Bad.. Good?  I'm the guy with the gun"
<<

RoleReversal

Post Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:03 am

g00d_4sh wrote:*walks into the room wearing his jedi robes (pajamas)*

"Learn you must the power of google.  The google is weak with this one... much practice he needs." 

$DO || ! $DO ; try
try: command not found

:D glad to see you're still on form
<<

NickFnord

Post Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:05 am

Soolari wrote:Hey guyz that 4 the rply, plz can sum1 give the compiler link 4 java c++ and cobol thanx and bookz

Here you go
Next

Return to Programming