CHFI recently?

<<

Artful Dodger

Post Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:12 am

CHFI recently?

Has anyone taken the CHFI recently?  I am going to take a week long class then take the test.  I am wondering if anyone has any insight pertaining to difficulty, tone of the test or other general insight.

Thanks!
CISSP, C|HFI, Security+, Network+, XYZ...blah.
<<

sh4d0wman

Post Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:15 am

Re: CHFI recently?

Hi there, I did wonder if you took the test already. I am currently reading the Syngress CHFI study guide.

I made a summary myself so it is easier to remember all stuff. After reading the book I will play with some of the tools that are new to me. Overall it seems a bit better than CEH, less tools and a bit more theory.

Not sure yet when I plan the exam, maybe end of March. Anybody tips for test exams? Did not really find any. I would like to get at least some idea of the format. 50 questions ain't a lot haha.
Last edited by sh4d0wman on Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Comptia Security+ Certified
WIP: CCNA / CHFI
<<

Krizzc

Post Wed Mar 04, 2009 7:17 pm

Let us know how you get on. I am interested in combining my skill-set to be able to do Pen Testing, to stop em getting in, and Forensics, when people call you too late.

Is it worth going the EC-Council route for all of it or is there something better out there from people slightly less keen on grabbing your $$$$ or €€€€ and more focused on preparing you for the real world ?
CCNP, CCSP, MCSE:Security, C|EH
<<

jason

Post Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:25 am

You might ping Manu about it, he just passed his.
<<

Artful Dodger

Post Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:26 am

I have not taken it yet.  I will be in a class on the week of the 16th.  then I think I will take it that friday or the following monday.  I will let you guy sknow ho wif went!
CISSP, C|HFI, Security+, Network+, XYZ...blah.

Return to CHFI - Computer Hacking Forensic Investigator