AI & Voice Recognition

<<

Stifler

Post Sat Feb 14, 2009 3:51 am

AI & Voice Recognition

I'll try to keep this brief, haha. Ok so I was watching "Iron Man" the movie with Robert Downey Jr. and when it got to the part where he began perfecting his suit, I noticed how nifty it was when he was talking to his computer and it was responding back with intelligence and reasoning. Like it actually had emotions.

So I got online and ran a search for AI and voice recognition and to my surprise, I found a program that is actually capable of doing what Iron Mans computer did. But you have to teach it and interact with it a LOT before it will ever come remotely close to his. So I bought the program and began using it, and it seems to be learning very well as long as I type what I say to it. But when I try talking to it, it doesn't input what I say, instead it inputs other stuff. I'll give an example...

I say: "Hello"
Computer thinks I said: "better than th" (sentence fragment, they're different everytime)

And then the AI responds to what the computer thought I said and I end up with some totally off the wall response, when all I said was "hello". And it's usually quite humorous too lol.

I am using windows xp home, which has its own built in voice rec (VR) located in control panel / speech. XP's built in VR is required for the particular AI program I have. I've gone through the training section in the VR and completed each 10 minute training section two times each, but still, it does not dictate my words properly into my AI program. I've made sure that the VR/dictating default language is set to english: united states, so I know that's not the problem.

This is the 1st time I've dabbled in VR and AI technology so I really don't know much about it, and more importantly, how to get it working correctly. So here I am... I'm hoping that somebody here can help me figure this out who's done it before and got theirs working. That would be awesome.
The Stiffmeister
<<

jason

Post Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:47 pm

Re: AI & Voice Recognition

What's the name of the tool?
<<

geekyone

Post Sun Feb 15, 2009 5:09 am

Re: AI & Voice Recognition

That sounds like a really cool tool!
CISSP, CEH, GPEN, GCIH, GCFA