WEB APPLICATION SECURITY TESTING WEBCAST
Part I of “Caught in the Web: Best Practices for Effective Web App Security Assessments” – featuring Shon Harris, globally recognized leader in CISSP training and best-selling author
Hosts: Shon Harris of Logical Security, joined by Wayne Burke & Benjamin Böck of SecureIA
Sponsor: Core Security Technologies
Date: Wednesday, February 18, 2009
Time: 2pm EST / 11am PST (GMT –5:00, New York)
Register: http://www.coresecurity.com/Form/generi ... ign/caught
Core Security is pleased to invite you to a complimentary webcast, Part I of “Caught in the Web: Best Practices for Effective Web App Security Assessments,” hosted by Shon Harris of Logical Security, and Wayne Burke & Benjamin Böck of SecureIA.
The webcast series will draw from SecureIA’s upcoming “IA Web Penetration Testing 101” course and present tips for assessing your web infrastructure against the most prevalent online threats today. You’ll see best practices for identifying critical web application vulnerabilities, getting data for efficient risk mitigation, and understanding the business implications of technical exposures.
The Caught in the Web webcast series will cover topics including:
• Using practical threat analysis to identify where your organization is exposed
• Comparing web application penetration testing to “traditional” penetration testing
• In-depth assessment techniques including SQL injection, XSS, CSRF, etc.
• Filtering techniques for identifying vulnerabilities requiring immediate remediation
• Comparing manual penetration testing to automated tools
• Pitfalls to avoid when conducting web app security assessments
You’ll also learn how to connect technical issues identified during testing with underlying business risks – enabling you to effectively communicate and leverage the benefits of proactive, real-world security testing throughout your organization.