Just an intro

<<

Xen

Post Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:25 am

Just an intro

Hello Everyone
I am Xen.
I'm presently studying Computer science engineering and want to become an IT security professional. I am currently studying a lot about ethical hacking and networking and enjoying each and every bit of it. The forum looks good and I think is the only forum I joined that has some actual professionals in this field. Guess I found a new home ;D

Anyways I'm obviously not much knowledgeable like you people in the field of security but I hope to contribute to this site with whatever I know(Is posting tutorials aimed at beginners fine?)

Also I know some stuff related to malware and their removal so perhaps I could help there.

If you think  I'm missing something plz feel free to ask me anything you want. And sorry if I posted my intro in the wrong section, I'm still new and trying to get hold of the ambiance.

Regards,
Xen
Last edited by Xen on Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

venom77

Post Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:25 am

Re: Just an intro

Hi Xen, welcome to EH-Net.

Good luck with your studying for CEH. There are quite a few posts/articles here that include study tips if you do a quick search. Plus, there are lots of us that have gone through the same thing and willing to answer any questions.

BillV
<<

morpheus063

Post Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:42 am

Hey Xen,

Welcome onboard EH-Net.

Nice intro, and yes you found the right place. We all are here to answer your queries and to learn by sharing. All the best for your CEH.

Happy Learning

-M-
Manu Zacharia
MVP (Enterprise Security), ISLA-2010 (ISC)², C|EH, C|HFI, CCNA, MCP,
Certified ISO 27001:2005 Lead Auditor

[b]There are 3 roads to spoil; women, gambling & hacking. The most pleasant with women, the quickest with gambling, but the surest is hacking - c0c0n
<<

don

Administrator
Administrator

Post Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:38 am

Welcome and thanks for noticing the professional focus of the site. One always hopes the intended message gets out, so it's good to hear. How'd you find us?

Don
CISSP, MCSE, CSTA, Security+ SME
<<

jason

Post Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:49 am

Welcome! You'll find some good advice on the CEH here for the asking and I'm sure that we would welcome any tutorials that you posted.
<<

COm_BOY

Post Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:41 am

Best of Luck for your further studies .
You need to be good when it comes to system administration side in order to get your hands dirty in penetration testing . Study the working of DNS , DHCP and other things etc.

Best of Luck again
It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has exceeded our humanity.
<<

Xen

Post Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:58 am

Thanks everyone.
I actually didn't expect such a wonderful welcome. I see people here are willing to help other members.

don wrote:Welcome and thanks for noticing the professional focus of the site. One always hopes the intended message gets out, so it's good to hear. How'd you find us?

Don

Google- what else? ;D

COm_BOY wrote:Best of Luck for your further studies .
You need to be good when it comes to system administration side in order to get your hands dirty in penetration testing . Study the working of DNS , DHCP and other things etc.

Best of Luck again

Thanks for tip COm BOY.
I have good command over DNS but I believe I need to work for DHCP.

Return to News Items and General Discussion About EH-Net