Am I missing anything?

<<

seVor

Post Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:46 pm

Am I missing anything?

I am installing a bunch of pen testing tools on my laptop that has ubuntu 8.04 installed.  I am just wondering what I am missing that could be of great use.

nmap
metasploit 3
wireshark
netdiscover
mySQL

I know there is alot more. I am trying to remember all the main stuff I use on BT.

Thanks !!!

EDIT:
I will be using this to do Pen tests in my own lab enviorment.  Virtualized linux, Win XP, Wn server 2003. 
Last edited by seVor on Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.” - you should know!
<<

venom77

Post Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:26 pm

Re: Am I missing anything?

<<

seVor

Post Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:36 pm

Thank!!!!  Thats a great start!
“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.” - you should know!
<<

apollo

Post Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:41 pm

If you talk about what types of things you are interested in doing, folks may be able to point you at some tools that are on neither list.  For instance are you interested in concentrating on the network side of things and looking at auditing network services, or are you interested in doing web type things, or maybe wireless.    The more information you give, the closer we can get you to your destination.
CISSP, CSSLP, MCSE+Security, MCTS, CCSP, GPEN, GWAPT, GCWN, NOP, OSCP, Security+

Return to Network Pen Testing