Science of Interrogation

<<

don

Administrator
Administrator

Post Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:59 am

Science of Interrogation

I recorded this but haven't watched it yet. Just in case, next airing is Sunday Jan 25 at 3:00 pm. This is something that interests me, and I can squeeze it into the SE Board without too much hassle from the masses. Is this something that grabs your attention as well or too far away from ethical hacking?

Interrogation is an elaborate game of cat and mouse, an intellectual duel akin to cracking a code. Science of Interrogation reveals the finely-tuned, meticulous tricks of psychology, technique and cutting edge technology in the interrogator’s arsenal, all designed to extract the truth a prime suspect does not want uncovered.

We meet the experts with years of experience cracking the toughest of crimes, the human lie detectors who pinpoint the subtle ‘tells’ that give liars away; see footage of real criminal interrogations and meet the police officers who conducted them; and learn about the arsenal of cutting edge technology now available to the modern interrogator. Functional MRI can now look inside the brain and reveal how people use different parts of the brain when they are lying. Can thermal imaging of the face detect tell tale signs of lying?

Stan B Walters, an interrogation expert who has been teaching the artful techniques for 25 years, takes us on a journey through his extensive collection of real interrogation footage, including some of America’s most high-profile cases like Coral Eugene Watts and the Green River Killer, deconstructing and analyzing for us each move and counter-move as investigators advance one step closer to the confession they’re after.

http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/e ... 3/Overview

Don
CISSP, MCSE, CSTA, Security+ SME
<<

geekyone

Post Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:17 am

Re: Science of Interrogation

It sound interesting to me.  I am setting the DVR right now.  Thanks Don!
CISSP, CEH, GPEN, GCIH, GCFA
<<

jason

Post Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:14 am

Definitely on topic Don. I've set it to record as well.
<<

Fathercat

Post Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:49 pm

I watched this one, found it very interesting.  The 2 cases they presented was insightful with how the detectives perceived the techniques that they used.

CISSP
<<

jason

Post Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:53 am

Still sitting on my tivo. Hopefully I'll get to it today..

Return to Social Engineering