Setting up a Information Security Company?

<<

Sysadmin

Post Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:32 pm

Setting up a Information Security Company?

Hey everyone.

Just a few questions about setting up an Information Security Company.

What goes into setting up an Information Security Company?
In general how much would a Penetration Test cost?
How many employee's would be on a team?

and anything else that one would need to setup.

The reason im asking is, i'm doing a collage project on setting up a company.

Thanks again.
<<

dynamik

Recruiters
Recruiters

Post Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:59 am

Re: Setting up a Information Security Company?

Legal work would probably be important ;)
The day you stop learning is the day you start becoming obsolete.
<<

Sysadmin

Post Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:53 am

Yes, legal work would be another step in the process.  Is there any case studys done on a company that started up from scratch, that might explain the process? Size of office space, what equipment would be needed etc, etc...

Thanks again.
<<

seVor

Post Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:38 pm

I think also a troubling area is proving that you are ethical to customers.  Certs I can imagine for this reason is a must.  But then again I am just starting out as well so what can I really say hahaha....
“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.” - you should know!
<<

jadyason

Post Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:16 pm

First of all: I don't work in InfoSec
But I do understand a lot business processes and the Information Technology Industry. As mentioned in previous posts Legals would be a big part. I think it would be worth researching compliance (EG/ What businesses are required to do by law). As I do not work in Pen Testing I'm not 100% sure how much they charge and it would depend on a lot of influencing factors including the cost of contractors, location of the client, size of the client, the scope of the client etc.

The more employees the better I would imagine. If you had say 2 employees working directly in pen testing it could take a considerable amount of time to test a large company. This won't be suitable for the big companies. No good discovering flaws when the malicious hackers have found them quicker then yourself! If you had say 10-15 pen testers, then you could do some serious work. You could divide the team into individual areas of the project at hand. It's all in perspective. You need to strike a good balance between clients and their requirements.

Any other questions, just ask.
<<

punkrokk

Post Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:00 pm

I'm actually meeting with my lawyer next week, and hope to find out all the business side details on starting my own LLC. I will keep everyone in the loop if I find out anything interesting. I'm in New York, and I'm sure the laws in different states vary a bit.

One expense I'm sure of though is liability insurance, you should look for more info on that.
-=punkrokk=-

Return to Network Pen Testing