Math Review

<<

shednik

Post Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:26 pm

Math Review

Hello everyone,
I did some searching through the topics and was unable to find a similar post that would give me a real definitive answer to my question so here goes.  I finished my BS in Information Systems Management about a year ago and wasn't required to take a whole lot of math.  Statistics I, Finite Math & Applied Calc. & Quantitative Analysis/Discrete Math.  All 3 of those course I did in my first 2 semesters back in 04, and my background in High School they were fairly easy.  Now I'm back in school for my masters in a program dealing with ALOT of math that I just don't remember well.  So I was looking for any suggestions for a thorough refresher.  I need to revisit Discrete Math/Digital Logic, Statistics, & Probability my security courses will be really tough without a good review in particular my crypto course.  I have 2 picks for stats but was looking for an all in one book or online resource either will be great.  Let me know what you think guys!! 
CCNA, MCP, A+, N+

WIP: Masters of Infosec, CEH, & Mastering C
<<

geekyone

Post Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:51 pm

Re: Math Review

I don't know if this is exactly what you are looking for but MIT has free online courseware with a large Mathematics section.  The courses have lots of lecture notes, presentations, and some recorded lectures.  If it doesn't help at least it is free!

http://ocw.mit.edu/OcwWeb/web/courses/courses/index.htm#Mathematics
CISSP, CEH, GPEN, GCIH, GCFA
<<

shednik

Post Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:47 am

All I can say to that is WOW!!  That looks like it will be perfect and there are quite a few others I will be going through as well, I knew about a few CS courses they posted but had no idea about all of these.  Thanks!!!
CCNA, MCP, A+, N+

WIP: Masters of Infosec, CEH, & Mastering C
<<

don

Administrator
Administrator

Post Wed Dec 31, 2008 9:45 am

I agree. That's some extensive list of free courses. Good find.

Don
CISSP, MCSE, CSTA, Security+ SME

Return to Other