Howdy - study question/labs bootcamp etc.

<<

brachiator

Post Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:09 pm

Howdy - study question/labs bootcamp etc.

My name is Sarah and I am looking at the CEH.  I am a CISSP with over 5 years DOD security experience.  I am comfortable with a lot of the tools and analyzing output reports.  I have always been a self-studier but I am afraid that I might miss out on some good labs and sims on this one.  I am a new Mom and traveling to a bootcamp is not an option for me at this time.  There are a lot of courses available for download and online study.  Does anyone out there have a recommendation or heads up on ones to avoid?

Thanks in advance for any help,
Sarah 
<<

venom77

Post Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:51 pm

Re: Howdy - study question/labs bootcamp etc.

Hi Sarah,

Welcome to EH-Net :)

If you're wanting to do an online course, I would highly recommend considering the EC-Councils own iClass courses - http://www.eccouncil.org/iclass/. These are delivered by EC-Council Master Trainers and you surely will not get better CEH classroom/online training anywhere else.

If you decide that you'd like to go the self-study route, and don't want to miss out on the labs, then I would make recommend you purchase 2 things: 1 - the official CEH courseware (http://www.eccouncil.org/orders.htm) and 2 - the official CEH v5 Study Guide (CEH Study Guide on Amazon). With the courseware you'll get the lab manual and an overview of the entire course through the books. The study guide will prepare you for the exam based directly on the objectives.

Hope that's helpful.

BillV
<<

brachiator

Post Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:05 pm

Thanks for the info. I just purchased the official courseware for CEHv6.  Now I need the study guide version 6.  I am very excited.

Thanks again,
Sarah
<<

venom77

Post Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:26 pm

brachiator wrote:Thanks for the info. I just purchased the official courseware for CEHv6.  Now I need the study guide version 6.  I am very excited.

Thanks again,
Sarah

Awesome! I don't think anyone has written a v6 study guide yet... but I don't believe the overall objectives have changed a whole lot from 5 to 6. My guess would be that the v5 study guide will complement the v6 courseware just fine.

Good luck! And keep us updated.

BillV

Return to CEH - Certified Ethical Hacker