Studying For This Exam

<<

smartguy

Post Sun Apr 30, 2006 8:28 pm

Studying For This Exam

I am starting to study for this exam , the only book I could find was from exam cram , did anyone took the exam recently .

How is the job market after passing this exam is it pretty high compared to CISA??
<<

Dengar13

Post Sun May 14, 2006 8:58 am

Re: Studying For This Exam

Where do you live?  That is hard to answer since every area has a different market with different needs.  It was easy for me (Pittsburgh) since there weren't too many with a CEH related skillset.  I am lucky to be doing this type of work when so many have a hard time doing it.  Have you looked at Amazon or EBay for more resources?  Hacking for Dummies is a great place to start.
A+, Net+, MCP, CEH
MCSE: Security/Messaging
MCSA: Security/Messaging
Former U.S. Marine and damn proud of it!
<<

oyle

Post Sun May 14, 2006 11:17 am

Re: Studying For This Exam

Hey.
I passed the exam in Dec. 04, (ver 2.3) on my 3rd time. Market here in Cleveland sucks, I am the only one I know that has passed the exam.
CEH exam gives you a basic foundation in Security, from then on, you can go on for the CIPP, CCE, MCCE, CPTE, EnCE, certs from ACFS, ISFCE, ICSA, lots of certs from GIAC, and on and on. Technology is cool and all, but YOU NEED TO STAY ON TOP OF IT. Security is constantly changing.

Dengar:
No news yet from interview at National White Collar Crime Center. Whew, 250 mile drive. heckuva commute. Thanks for the offer and all at Piggsburgh (ooops, Pittsburgh (:>) ).

Had an interview last week at GCRTA (Greater Clevleand Regional Transit Authority) for a Network Admin position. Posiition is located in Downtown Cleveland, 20 min from home. I asked them about their hiring timeframe, they told me "yesterday". (That was on Wednesday, May 10). They've lost a lot of people to retirement and attrition. Pay starts at $41K up to $56K. I usually use as a base pay range $52K.

Had a phone interview this past Friday night from a medical infusion supply company in Brecksville. I interviewed there last year. They gave me a tour of the office and then about a MONTH later sent me a rejection letter. Guy I talked to on the phone Friday night was the same guy that interviewed me last time, he remembered me, I remember him. Sounds promising, but he told me his boss has to be in on the hiring process, and he'll be out of the office till mid-June. That's not so bad.

Have an interview coming up this wednesday in Lakewood Ohio. Job is in downtown Cleveand at their NOC. We'll see.
Looks like things a poppin'!!

!
Last edited by oyle on Sun May 14, 2006 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
MCP, MCP+I, MCSA, MCSE(NT4/W2K), CCNA, CCA, NWCCC, VH-PIRTS, CEH
--------------------
"hackers are like jedi, crackers are like the sith: do not fall prey to the dark side".

From 1337 h4x0r h4ndb00k: "the ten laws of geek", law x
                  -Tapeworm

Return to CEH - Certified Ethical Hacker