Horizontal Scroll Bar while viewing the forum

<<

ceh

Post Wed Oct 26, 2005 11:16 am

Horizontal Scroll Bar while viewing the forum

Hey Don

Thanks for starting such a wonderul website. I have a few suggestions:

1. I get the Horizontal scoll bar while viewing the forum. Will it be possible for you to remove it?
2. If you feel, remove the right hand info on the recent forum topics as it make the page looks very
crowded. May be you can have a button to see the the Recent Forum Topics.
3. Font size is small
4. When I user login - Forever, it does not keep the login info in next login ( seems to be Cookiee problem), if others are also facing it or wrong with my PC.
5. If possible please dont have so many topics in the begining.

my 2 cents

Thanks
Last edited by ceh on Wed Oct 26, 2005 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

don

Administrator
Administrator

Post Wed Oct 26, 2005 8:58 pm

Re: Horizontal Scroll Bar while viewing the forum

Glad to provide a good place for us all to contribute, learn and share. Thanks for the compliment and spread the word.

On your suggestions:

1. I did design this for higher resolutions - 1280 x 1024+. I realize that some have to catch up to this, but I think most are there already. I'll consider making the variable width more friendly to lower resolutions, but this is lower on the priority list.
2. On CSP Mag, the recent posts on the right hand side has been very effective and complimented. At the above recommended resolution, it becomes a non-issue - it all fits. If I get to the variable width adjustments, that should take care of this as well.
3. See other post. Let's see what others have to say about the font size.
4. Login Forever has been fixed. Try it and let me know if you still have trouble.
5. I'm at fault for planning for the future and being optimistic that this site will eventually have lots of posts. I do agree however that there's a lot of emtpy forums. Even though we are live, I still consider us to be in a soft launch mode. Let's see how it goes for the next month or so. If I need to consolidate a little, I will.

Keep the suggestions coming. I do keep a log of them. As those who have joined EH-Net from CSP Mag can confirm, I do make changes based on user input. I also sometimes have to go with my gut. And my gut tells me not to make major changes unless numerous members have the same opinion.

Don
CISSP, MCSE, CSTA, Security+ SME
<<

ceh

Post Thu Oct 27, 2005 8:02 am

Thanks Don

You are right that the other members input is very important. And I hope that some of them will throw some light on these points.

thanks
<<

tmartin

Recruiters
Recruiters

Post Thu Oct 27, 2005 12:19 pm

Great to have comments, ceh. Don does listen, folks. Community is what it's all about.

Return to News Items and General Discussion About EH-Net