[Article]-Daemon - A Contest

<<

don

Administrator
Administrator

Post Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:52 am

[Article]-Daemon - A Contest

Hey EH-Netters,

In lieu of a Free Monthly Giveaway, we came up with this great idea to mix a contest, a giveaway, promotion of a great book and wink wink nod nod a little promo of our very own event, ChicagoCon. Since the Verdugo Press 1st Edition became unavailable, we have actually seen it on eBay for $100 or more. Multiply that by 20, and we think this matches our normal range of value for our giveaways. Not to mention it's pretty kewl! Hope you agree.

Permanent link: [Article]-Daemon - A Contest

The Next 20 ChicagoCon Registrants Receive a
Free Copy of Daemon (Verdugo Press 1st Edition)

Daemon by Daniel Suarez (former pen name Leinad Zeraus) is not only a self-publishing success story but also a work that has been endorsed by hackers the world over. [b]register for ChicagoCon's 2-Day Ethical Hacking Conference for just $100 will each receive free copies of what is now a collectible. The 20 winners will pick up their prizes when they check-in on Oct 31. On that same day, we will simultaneously announce the details of a contest at ChicagoCon and right here on EH-Net. Essential clues to this technical challenge are contained in the book. While it may now be difficult to find copies of this book, all are welcome to participate. Team play is also encouraged.

We are proud to have been part of the Verdugo circle of friends and their continued support of us in return. Dutton is also very excited about having the EH-Net Community involved in not only the new edition of Daemon but also the upcoming sequel, FreedomTM.  Many of you know that ChicagoCon’s catch phrase is, “White Hats Come Together in Defense of the Digital Frontier.” In addition to having Mr. Suarez to thank for that handy bit of literary brilliance, he will also have a part in the contest itself. At stake are signed, pre-released copies of the new hardcover Edition of Daemon.  When the details of the contest are released on Oct 31, you will have the entire month of Nov to hand in your answers. But don’t wait until the last minute as the first 3 to submit correct answers will be declared the winners. In early December we will publish step-by-step tutorials on how to solve the riddle. Should be fun, educational and rewarding.

Stay tuned...

Don
Last edited by don on Sat Nov 08, 2008 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CISSP, MCSE, CSTA, Security+ SME
<<

RoleReversal

Post Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:59 am

Re: [Article]-Daemon - A Contest

Damn, now I really wish I could make the con :'(

Any news on a release date from FreedomTM?
<<

punkrokk

Post Fri Oct 24, 2008 2:11 pm

Hey Don... I registered a few weeks ago... doing CISSP track... got a book for me?
-=punkrokk=-
<<

jimbob

Post Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:09 pm

Does this make all our original print copies a collectors item? First edition GET!

Jimbob
<<

blackazarro

Post Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:09 am

Guys if interested, check this vid out. Its a talk that Daniel Suarez gave last August about Daemon: Bot-Mediated Reality. Based on what I heard from his presentation, there's talks with Dream Works in turning this novel into a movie.

http://fora.tv/2008/08/08/Daniel_Suarez ... ed_Reality
Security+, OSCP, CEH
<<

don

Administrator
Administrator

Post Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:19 am

This is the rumor on the street.  ;)

Don
CISSP, MCSE, CSTA, Security+ SME
<<

jason

Post Sat Nov 01, 2008 10:15 pm

Nice one Don! I was happy to see him get picked up by a publisher, but a bit miffed to see the sequel get put off. :P

Return to News Items and General Discussion About EH-Net