IP address

<<

zals_hacker7

Post Thu Oct 02, 2008 3:01 pm

IP address

just want to ask u guyz  "how to know the IP address of the other person whom i chattin in yahoo or hotmail.."is tat possible ???is there any software to trace that,if yes,plz give me the link.......                                              (  zals )
<<

don

Administrator
Administrator

Post Thu Oct 02, 2008 3:15 pm

Re: IP address

Hey zals,

I appreciate the enthusiasm, but a question only needs to be asked once.

Secondly, I see no need to add a poll to every post you make, especially if it doesn't really ask a question. Hope you don't mind, but I removed it.

Thirdly, what does this IP address question have to do with wireless?

Don
CISSP, MCSE, CSTA, Security+ SME
<<

venom77

Post Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:33 pm

<<

KrisTeason

Post Fri Oct 03, 2008 12:45 am

zals_hacker7 wrote:just want to ask u guyz  "how to know the IP address of the other person whom i chattin in yahoo or hotmail.."is tat possible ???is there any software to trace that,if yes,plz give me the link.......                                              (  zals )

You might want to look into the netstat command. I'd also suggest when talking to your victim to attempt to open a connection between you two chatting with each other, perhaps send your victim a file, get into a voice call directly with them or invite the user to your webcam,etc By doing these, you may have a better success rate of grabbing your targets IP Address.
eCPPT (Silver/Gold), eWPT, GSEC, GISP, GCIH, OSCP, OSWP
<<

shednik

Post Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:03 am

KrisTeason wrote:You might want to look into the netstat command. I'd also suggest when talking to your victim to attempt to open a connection between you two chatting with each other, perhaps send your victim a file, get into a voice call directly with them or invite the user to your webcam,etc By doing these, you may have a better success rate of grabbing your targets IP Address.

This would probably be the best way!

zals have you done any research on your own at all??  You said you want to be a "hacker" but you don't seem to want to try and find your own answers first... ??? ???
Last edited by shednik on Fri Oct 03, 2008 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CCNA, MCP, A+, N+

WIP: Masters of Infosec, CEH, & Mastering C

Return to Wireless