NWCCC

<<

oyle

Post Tue Apr 25, 2006 4:38 pm

NWCCC

Wow. Had a phone interview this morning for a Security Analyst position with a few guys from the National White Collar Crime Center http://www.nw3c.org.

First off, they told me they never make a  decision off a phone interview. I expected that. But they told me because they are funded through grant  money from the FBI that they cannot help me relocate financially. They can, however give me suggestions on where to find an apartment in the area. I'm located in eastern suburbs of Cleveland Oh, and they are in Glen Allen, VA. Mappoint says it is about 491 miles and a 7 1/2hour drive. Yike! They left me from the interview saying they would see about getting me in for a face-to-face interview, they didn't know when. They would have to make me a really good offer, but it has yet to come to that point. They were real hot about me filling out their application, though, which I already did and faxed back to them already. We'll see what happens.  ???
Last edited by oyle on Tue Apr 25, 2006 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MCP, MCP+I, MCSA, MCSE(NT4/W2K), CCNA, CCA, NWCCC, VH-PIRTS, CEH
--------------------
"hackers are like jedi, crackers are like the sith: do not fall prey to the dark side".

From 1337 h4x0r h4ndb00k: "the ten laws of geek", law x
                  -Tapeworm
<<

don

Administrator
Administrator

Post Tue Apr 25, 2006 4:51 pm

Re: NWCCC

Always nice to hear good news. All the best and good luck. ;D

How long was the phone interview? Were you interviewed by a recruiter or actually someone that works there?

Don
CISSP, MCSE, CSTA, Security+ SME
<<

oyle

Post Tue Apr 25, 2006 5:08 pm

Phone interview was around 45 min long. It was a conferance call with several of them and me. No recruiters this time.

I have a phone interview scheduled tomorrow with someone from Booz Allen Hamilton. Meeting with some guy tomorrow from Robert Half Intnl in Akron, Ohio. Just did a job last night at Merill Lynch, Pierce, Fenner and Smith, in Akron Ohio. In the same buildidng!! I was there yesterday, from 3pm up until around 9:30pm.  I saw Robert Half on the marquee, and they're on the 7th floor. MerrillLynch is on the 4th floor. So I have to go back there tomorrow. Argh!

Merill Lynch blew me away with their security. You have to sign in in the lobby downstairs, and they give you a smart card for the elevator! You pass the smart card in front of the pad in the elevator, and it enables the elevator to go to that floor! In this case, the 4th floor; that's where Merrill Lynch is. I got there a little early, so I tried to use the card to go to the 7th floor. No dice, elevator doors wouldn't even close. Button for the 7th floor would not light. Pressed the button for the fourth floor, button lights, door closes, and I'm off!. Amazing. You give the card to the receptionist, and she [apparently] returns the card back down to the lobby desk. Whoo-Hoo!

Had a call a few days ago from a recruiter from Smartsource for a contract-to-hire Network Engineer in Cleveland. He was real impressed with my 11page resume. I told him people constantly tell me a 11page resume is too long, he says, "Nonsense". He loved it, he submitted me for the position yesterday. We'll see... ::)
Last edited by oyle on Tue Apr 25, 2006 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
--------------------
"hackers are like jedi, crackers are like the sith: do not fall prey to the dark side".

-Tapeworm
<<

pcsneaker

Post Wed Apr 26, 2006 12:43 am

It's not the question if a resume is too long or not - but I'm wondering what somebody can put on 11 pages of a resume (at least if he's not over 100 years old) ? ;D
MCSA:Security (W2k, W2k3)
MCSE:Security (W2k, W2k3)
CPTS, Network+
<<

oyle

Post Wed Apr 26, 2006 8:50 am

Well, I'm not 100 years old yet, but I'm working on it.  ;D
It's 7 and 1/2 pages of experience, cause all I've been able to get is contracting work. The climate for computer people here in Cleveland sucks. A couple of the jobs I've done were only 4 hours long, but they all count as experieince, ya know? ::)
--------------------

-Tapeworm
<<

oyle

Post Wed Apr 26, 2006 5:41 pm

Hey, they called me back today from NWCCC. They want me to come in for an Interview. They are in Glen Allen, VA., I'm in Cleveland Hts Ohio. I looked it up on Mappoint and it came out as 491 miles, 7 1/2 hours drive. On the cell today with Marcia from NWCCC, she looked it up on Mapquest and she said it's 3 1/2 hours and about 300 miles. don't know why the big difference. She asked me what I would prefer, I would rather fly out. She said she'd see if they could re-imburse me for it. That would be great. I'm going to look up airfare in a little while.
We'll see what happens.
--------------------

-Tapeworm
<<

oyle

Post Thu Apr 27, 2006 5:30 pm

But the job is in the vicinity of Fairmont West Virginny. So it's within driving range. Only a little over 200 miles, about 3 and a half hour drive. Not looking forward to it, but it's better than a 7 and a half hour drive for 500 miles to GLen Allen. 
--------------------

-Tapeworm
<<

pcsneaker

Post Fri Apr 28, 2006 2:15 am

Well, I'm not 100 years old yet, but I'm working on it.

Good Luck for that!  ;D
MCSA:Security (W2k, W2k3)
MCSE:Security (W2k, W2k3)
CPTS, Network+
<<

Dengar13

Post Fri Apr 28, 2006 4:23 am

I keep telling you Oyle we are looking and we are 2 1/2 hours away from you.  That is if you can stand to be in your rival city!  :P
A+, Net+, MCP, CEH
MCSE: Security/Messaging
MCSA: Security/Messaging
Former U.S. Marine and damn proud of it!

Return to News Items and General Discussion About EH-Net