CEH Exam attending soon..

<<

hiro

Post Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:51 am

CEH Exam attending soon..

I'm going to attend CEH exam next week. I've studied official CEH slides and Sybex review guide and currently I'm practising exams from Actualtest (08.11.08, 458Q&A).
I would like to know if a number of these questions (from free downloaded tests) appear in the exam or if it's necessary to buy the last Testking pack.
Colleagues have told me that normally 50 or 60 questions from those tests appear in the exam.
I also wait for other advices before exam.
Thanks in advance.
<<

venom77

Post Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:16 am

Re: CEH Exam attending soon..

The questions are pulled from an increasingly large pool. It would be difficult for you to find braindump containing the questions that are on the exam.

The questions included in the test are pulled from the objectives which are mapped in the official study guide. I suggest you study that and the official courseware and not worry about the sample tests (as they are more likely inaccurate and will cause you to do worse on the test).

<rant>
On a side-note, it's people like you that piss me off. You go download a 'braindump' of a test, somehow manage to pass the test but really don't have a damn clue about what you're doing and then you bring down the value of the certification for the rest of us.
</rant>
<<

hiro

Post Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:05 am

I agree and I think CEH is one of the funniest certifications and an good opportunity to learn, but also think that the certification has great value in the professional world and is necessary for my job, reason why I have two obligations: one to learn more (personal) and one to obtain the certification (professional). Therefore, I gonna try to obtain the two issues, and for the second one I thing that practising test exams is very important.
<<

venom77

Post Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:14 am

hiro wrote:I thing that practising test exams is very important.

Practicing exams are helpful... asking for practice tests that contain questions/answers found on the exam is wrong.
<<

hiro

Post Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:04 am

Please, try to understand that my question is normal. I have already explained to you that for me and for many people is very important to obtain this type of certifications. We don't want to go through the easy way, we want to learn, but also we want to be sure that we'll find in the exam the same things that we have studied.

Certifications are business. Companies like Testking work and make money with that, and really, it's funny (and sometimes expensive) to realise exam simulations. In the way, I think that you learn a lot with Q& A. Well, of course it's only my opinion, and I also respect your position.
<<

shednik

Post Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:18 am

hiro wrote:I'm going to attend CEH exam next week. I've studied official CEH slides and Sybex review guide and currently I'm practising exams from Actualtest (08.11.08, 458Q&A).
I would like to know if a number of these questions (from free downloaded tests) appear in the exam or if it's necessary to buy the last Testking pack.
Colleagues have told me that normally 50 or 60 questions from those tests appear in the exam.
I also wait for other advices before exam.
Thanks in advance.

You claim you actually want to learn and not take the easy way out?? I'm calling BS if you wanted to learn and actually work for the certification you wouldn't be asking for actual test questions plain and simple, it's cheating, you devalue the certification, you risk becoming de-certified by many different vendors, and with a possible ban from taking exams for th rest of your career.  I don't know about you but I'd rather have the knowledge and not just letters at the end of my name.  So when I go to an interview or I'm on the job I don't look like a fool when I have no idea what I'm doing because i resorted to cheating.  So maybe you should re-think your study habits.   Just my 2 cents ;D
CCNA, MCP, A+, N+

WIP: Masters of Infosec, CEH, & Mastering C
<<

hiro

Post Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:01 pm

ok, I can be the objective of your critics, and you can say or think that I want the easy way. But I know the true for me. I do not try to pretend nothing or to be nothing that I am not. At the beginning, I had said first I have already studied the Official Courseware and the Review Guide, and I have spent long time and effort on it. Now I'm doing test exams because I want to assure to pass it. I do not want to devalue the certification. I like this certification and I'd like that it was very recognized professionally, I try to convince my colleagues to realise it and I feel you point of view.
<<

shednik

Post Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:12 pm

ok answer me this...in college or high school and you found out someone had a copy of the answer key to your upcoming test.  Was that not cheating then???  How is this any different??  It irritates me to no end when you try to justify this, you're cheating bottom line and if you're caught you will have your certs taken from you.  if you went through all that study time why do you need to cheat by using braindumps, why not buy a reputable practice exam such as transender.  Honestly you are wasting your efforts you say you have put into this exam, how are you going to feel you accomplished anything when you had seen all the questions before the exam.  It goes right back to my high school exam analogy.
Last edited by shednik on Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CCNA, MCP, A+, N+

<<

geekyone

Post Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:50 pm

I think if you have adequately studied the official courseware and study guide along with attempting practice questions you will have no problem with the CEH exam.  I empathize with you having anxiety over taking an exam of this magnitude but I do agree that obtaining actual test question to study is cheating.  While studying the actual test questions may help relieve your anxiety over taking the test I think you will find that you probably don't really need those questions to pass.  I can give you a quick hint about the best way to get the actual test questions though (and it's even legit  8)) go take the test!  I mean really how much do you pay for a testking packet, fifty bucks?  Shoot the test only costs $250  and they give you all the questions!  If you fail the first time, which I think isn't as likely as you fear, then retest.  Then you have already seen a huge amount of actual test questions.  Well I hope  my little advice helps and Good Luck with the exam when you actually do take it.  Let us now how it goes.  ;D
CISSP, CEH, GPEN, GCIH, GCFA
<<

hiro

Post Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:51 pm

When you start to study for a certification you ask if the doc that you're going to study is the correct.
When you start to test exams you ask if the Q&A that you're going to practise are the correct.
But I don't want to cheat, I want to know if the Q&A are similar (not the same) and the main topics that appears in them like nmap, icmp codes, tcpdump, dns transfer, convert hex-bin-dec, etc, etc, etc.
Do all questions are answered in the official courseware?
Sorry for irritating... :'(
<<

hiro

Post Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:39 pm

geekyone, thanks a lot for your advice. You're right when you say that the best way to get the actual questions is to attend the actual exam.
If I pass I'll take a beer, if not I'll take two and try the next time.. :P
I'll maintain you informed about my result.
<<

geekyone

Post Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:44 pm

Hiro,

That's actually a good list of the main topics for the exam.  I remember lots of nmap questions.  ICMP codes, common port numbers and there associated service, DNS zone transfer questions, basics of buffer overflows and SQL injection, TCP flags and which nmap scans use which flags that is a lot of the major stuff I remember.  Some of it is starting to fade. :)  Again Good Luck!
CISSP, CEH, GPEN, GCIH, GCFA
<<

shednik

Post Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:54 pm

hiro. don't get me wrong i'm not trying to tell you you're methods of study are bad.  Just cut out the braindumps and you'll be golden...vendors for Q&A such as pass4sure and testking are cheat sites and will only devalue the certification you are working so hard for.  If you want to check out a course you'd like to use check out www.certguard.com...

for example the sources you spoke of here are what certguard listed them as....

http://www.CertGuard.com/Search.asp?Sit ... ltests.com

http://www.CertGuard.com/Search.asp?Site=testking.com
CCNA, MCP, A+, N+

<<

hiro

Post Tue Sep 30, 2008 5:41 pm

Ok, shednik. Thanks for the link.
Really, braindumps are dangerous for certifications. These posts have sensitized to me on that. However It's sure that the solution is difficult. I suppose that each person must choose his own way, but it's clear that only passing an exam doesn't improve your hacking skill. Yes, the decision is helping to these companies to make money or to be a true ETHICAL hacker.
<<

$w33p3R

Post Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:39 pm

hiro wrote:I'm practising exams from Actualtest (08.11.08, 458Q&A).

I hope you understand using cheat sheets is grounds to have your certification revoked.  There are plenty of resources out to pass your exam without risking taking your exam for it not to be any good a little later down the road, if caught.

Saying you are using these on a public forum is not wise.
MCP, CEH
Next

Return to CEH - Certified Ethical Hacker