email password hacking

<<

jdgonzales

Post Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:33 pm

email password hacking

Hello Again Guys,

I have been doing a lot of research for my class on how to conduct email hacking. I want to know if it is true that there are applications that can be used to crack the password of email accounts in yahoo, aol, gmail and so on. I have seen some demonstration over YouTube  :o. I want to know from you guys if this is true. Are there anyways for this to be done? Let's say we can email a server from the Yahoo side to give us a password? Are there any software involve? Over the network we can use Cain and Abel to listen for this password. But in the wild (Internet) is it still possible to grab this accounts with or without any tools?

Thanks again in Advance
JoGo
<<

Kev

Post Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:55 pm

Re: email password hacking

Sorry, but it cant be done with the methods you mentioned.
<<

jason

Post Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:59 pm

An excellent example of email hacking was in the news recently. You might look at that.
<<

jdgonzales

Post Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:01 am

Ok. I was just doing some more research and I stumbled across a website that says that you need to email a specific email address that would reset the password. Thanks for the Advice

JoGo
<<

jdgonzales

Post Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:03 am

Yeah, I saw that one. I think the person was a public figure that is why it is easy to gather information about her. But what if an ordinary user? Would that still be possible? Is there a way to trick the mail server into actually providing you the password?

Thanks and Regards

JoGo
<<

Kev

Post Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:30 am

jdgonzales wrote: Is there a way to trick the mail server into actually providing you the password?

Nope. I love urban myths.
Last edited by Kev on Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

KrisTeason

Post Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:55 am

jdgonzales wrote: I want to know if it is true that there are applications that can be used to crack the password of email accounts in yahoo, aol, gmail and so on. I have seen some demonstration over YouTube  :o. I want to know from you guys if this is true. Are there anyways for this to be done? Let's say we can email a server from the Yahoo side to give us a password? Are there any software involve?

Coming from a side where I spent time in the Anti-Yahoo arena, I can say that there are programs known as NCC and Proxy Crackers. NCC Using Yahoo Servers to crack the passwords. I have also used an aim recovery tool to recovery my -coughz- password, so your question regarding are their applications out there to help obtain passwords from Free E-Mail services such as Aim, Msn, Yahoo, Etc, I've got to say yes there is. Don't know if the admins approve or not but if they do, I can post a couple links to some well known sites that offer Yahoo! Password Recovery Tools?
eCPPT (Silver/Gold), eWPT, GSEC, GISP, GCIH, OSCP, OSWP
<<

Kev

Post Thu Sep 25, 2008 1:00 am

LOL, yes you should do that.

Its true that in the past Yahoo and a number of others were subject to some interesting vulnerabilities including some simple SQL attacks, things have now changed.  I dont know why but hacking email accounts has always been the target for every newbie in hacking.  They see it as such a juicy target. Because of this, so much misinformation gets spread around to take advantage of this. Every hacker forum or IRC channel is filled with requests about teaching how to hack emails. Usually I think they just want to freak out their friends.  I am so jaded with it that if anyone comes to a forum now and asks how to hack emails I automatically have a question mark. Although it is a legitimate question because we do need to be concerned if such a thing is possible.  In a pentest hacking emails is almost never allowed in my experience, but if it is it can be a bonus.  In reality hacking email is best done with social engineering, keylogging and capturing sessions.  If you see a link on your favorite forum that sells a book about the  untold methods of hacking emails or a special program, just laugh and save your money! 
Last edited by Kev on Thu Sep 25, 2008 1:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

KrisTeason

Post Thu Sep 25, 2008 1:20 am

As for sites with Yahoo Password Recovery Tools, you may want to look into:

www.dark-assault.com

www.blackwidow-softbytes.com

www.Voodowares.com

www.Boon-Dog.com

I have other links as well, but these sites are PHP and have Supporters section where you can go to alternate Anti-Yahoo! Related sites that obtain similar tools, etc so it's unnecessary to post all the one's I know. After all, don't want to pile this thread up with about 70+ links. I've heard similar things too Kev. Enjoy guys.
Last edited by KrisTeason on Thu Sep 25, 2008 1:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Kev

Post Thu Sep 25, 2008 1:32 am

Awesome graphics as far as websites goes. Okay, if you can hack this simple email with one of those tools I will pay the money I disclosed in this email at knvtu1055@yahoo.com.  Lets test it.
<<

Kev

Post Thu Sep 25, 2008 1:44 am

I am serious and I will pay the amount of money I disclosed in that email! We have thousands of viewers here.  If you can hack my email with any of those tools I will gladly pay you the amount I mentioned plus 10% of all my contracts in the next 2 years.  Please believe me that's not bad money and way better than Vegas!  I even put a wimpy password on it , lol!
<<

jdgonzales

Post Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:42 am

Can I ask what tools can I specifically use crack a yahoo password?  ;D Thanks
<<

KrisTeason

Post Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:56 am

This thread seems to be turning into UnEthicalHacker.net. LMFAO.
I provided the links to where the toys are at. I don't want to piss off the admin. I also highly suggest not using these tools for illegal use.
<<

Kev

Post Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:09 am

Kris and I are are talking about how to make this equal. I am currently  trying to make this fair. I am thinking I will make it  2 levels on this. Hey I want you to crack this. If you can you will be safe as as far as who you are, I swear to god!  CRACK ME BRO!  We need to know! That's  it. 
<<

jimbob

Post Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:41 am

I'd like to claim my $250.

Jimbob
Next

Return to Other