Recertification Info

<<

tntcoda

Post Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:09 pm

Recertification Info

Hi,

Please can someone clarify for me what I have to do in order to maintain my CEH cert?

I have registered on the ECE Delta System, which says i need 120 credits to maintain my cert, so do i have to get these credits and pay to do the exam again?

Or is it a choice of either taking the exam again, or having the 120 points? And is it after 2 years i have to match this critica?

Thanks for any advice,
Jack
<<

venom77

Post Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:22 pm

Re: Recertification Info

Hi Jack,

As of right now, your choice is to collect the 120 ECE credits over 3 years. Re-passing the examination will not give you the needed credits for recertification (it only gives you 40; I have no idea why). So no, you do not necessarily have to pay to take the exam again.

When did you earn your certification? If it was prior to Jan. 1, 2008 then you need the 120 by Dec. 31, 2010. If you earned your certification sometime this year then you have 3 years from that date.

There are a large variety of ways to earn your points... attending conferences, taking classes, participating in webinars, listening to podcats, reading books, writing articles, etc. As you can see in the Delta portal, they all have their own value in points.

Hope that gives you the information you were looking for. If you need anything further or more clarification, feel free to ask.

BillV
<<

LSOChris

Post Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:40 pm

what? recertifying doesn't restart your clock?  thats bullshit
<<

venom77

Post Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:09 pm

tntcoda wrote:Certainly doesnt seem like much point in paying for the exam again if its only 40 credits  :)

Exactly :)

Chris - I feel the same way and will continue to push that to be changed.
<<

shednik

Post Tue Sep 23, 2008 3:13 pm

ChrisG wrote:what? recertifying doesn't restart your clock?  thats bullshit

Thats very interesting any idea why it's set up like that?  I could maybe see taking the same version only gives you so much I guess since it's not new material which is what I gues the idea is behind continuing education.  Just my 2cents!
CCNA, MCP, A+, N+

WIP: Masters of Infosec, CEH, & Mastering C
<<

venom77

Post Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:31 pm

shednik wrote:
ChrisG wrote:what? recertifying doesn't restart your clock?  thats bullshit

Thats very interesting any idea why it's set up like that?  I could maybe see taking the same version only gives you so much I guess since it's not new material which is what I gues the idea is behind continuing education.  Just my 2cents!

Well, it's a difficult scenario. They want to make it easier for people to maintain their certifications (thus 120 credits over 3 years to maintain ALL ECC certifications) but if you were to switch it up, then you'd have to re-test for all of the certifications separately (or earn points; but if you're earning points, might as well earn 1 set instead of multiple).

That's just my opinion/guess as to what the deal is. If I get more information or a better idea on why it's like that, I'll certainly pass it along.

BillV

Return to CEH - Certified Ethical Hacker