CPTS Certificate

<<

pcsneaker

Post Sun Apr 23, 2006 4:03 am

CPTS Certificate

I did the CPTS beta exam last year in August. After beeing notified that I've passed that exam in late december I finally got the certificate recently.

They mentioned that there had been a problem with the original design they've choosen so that they had to redesign it what delayed the delivery.

It is obvious that this certification is still in it's infancy, you just get the certificate without any additional goodies, it's not a "Welcome Kit" like the one from M$ or comptia. The link on their site where you are supposed to find the Certified Professional Logo Guidelines still says 'Content in Development'.

BTW, my certificate says 'Graduate No.: 5240'. I would be curious to know if there has really been that much people taking the beta exam ?? Or is it just a randomly choosen number to give you the impression that there are more people having achieved that certification.

Don, perhaps you have a contact to find out more about that ?
MCSA:Security (W2k, W2k3)
MCSE:Security (W2k, W2k3)
CPTS, Network+
<<

Dengar13

Post Sun Apr 23, 2006 10:56 am

Re: CPTS Certificate

Good info!  What was the actual exam like?  What kind of questions do they ask?  Is it still in Beta form?  Sorry for all the questions, kind of intrugued by this exam.

Thanks man!  ;D
A+, Net+, MCP, CEH
MCSE: Security/Messaging
MCSA: Security/Messaging
Former U.S. Marine and damn proud of it!
<<

pcsneaker

Post Sun Apr 23, 2006 11:17 am

Seethis post
what I got on the exam (Info was for the beta exam, now I think there are less questions - ~100)

It is'nt in Beta any more, it went live end of january. There is still a discounted ($85,00) retake possible (but I think if you passed the CEH you'll not have to profit from that offer ;))
Last edited by pcsneaker on Sun Apr 23, 2006 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
MCSA:Security (W2k, W2k3)
MCSE:Security (W2k, W2k3)
CPTS, Network+
<<

Dengar13

Post Sun Apr 23, 2006 11:22 am

Thanks!  This cert would go nicely with my CEH I think.  I am going to look that info up now.
A+, Net+, MCP, CEH
MCSE: Security/Messaging
MCSA: Security/Messaging
Former U.S. Marine and damn proud of it!

Return to CPTE - Certified Penetration Testing Engineer