Security Certified Program

<<

saeeddeep

Post Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:26 am

Security Certified Program

I'm going to set for SC0-451, SC0-471, SC0-501 and SC0-502 in few days.
I decided to buy P4S or TestKing for these exams for a final revision.
I need to know which one is better for me P4S or TestKing to buy?
I've already have Actualtest for SC0-402, SC0-411, SC0-501 and SC0-502 last updated, Is it enough for these exams, or do I need to buy TestKing or P4S?
Please, need an answer urgently.
Last edited by saeeddeep on Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

NickFnord

Post Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:13 am

Re: Security Certified Program

I just had a quick look at the exam FAQ's for those that you mentioned and found here: http://www.securitycertified.net/exam_faq.htm

the following:

SCP website wrote:a. Since the exams test the implementation level skills of security professionals, it is strongly recommended that you prepare for the exams by taking the associated courses at an Authorized Training Partner (ATP). At the ATP, you will have the opportunity to work with the equipment and software that you will be tested on in the exams. After the class, and once you are comfortable with all the tasks in the courseware, you can prepare for the exam by taking a practice exam. The only authorized vendor of practice exam material is MeasureUp.

I would highly recommend that for any exam you don't rely solely on practice exams to give you the knowledge that you need to pass exams.  if this was possible, the certification would be essentially worthless as people with no experience could easily pass the test just by memorising things.  from the description above there will be quite a few practical examples that you will need to have more than just a learned-by-rote knowledge to complete.

in addition, you'll notice the section that I bolded in the above quote.  if you're going to buy any practice exam, I'd recommend buying the one they authorise - there is a better chance that it will reflect the style of the actual one.
<<

unicityd

Post Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:55 am

Re: Security Certified Program

I have not used TestKing, but from what I've read they are "braindumps".  That is, Test King pays people to take the actual test so that they can write down the actual test questions.  So, unless they've changed their methods, using TestKing is cheating.
BS in IT, CISSP, MS in IS Management (in progress)

Return to General Certification