Strange MUZAK Format Question

<<

Beamrider

Post Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:55 am

Strange MUZAK Format Question

Hi Folks.

I know there are some sharp people on here. I'm working on a problem for my employer, who shall remain nameless, lets just say it's a large Pizza Chain.

We have a Muzak System, non DIP unit (no switches on the back to get it to red redbook discs).

The Muzak Disc itself is loaded with the following format:

About 400 .MPA formatted files (windows media format in MPEG format of some sort, unreadbale by anything I have, just errors out saying the file is corrupted or formatted wrong) This would be the music.

BFCMX.IMG
BFXD.IMG
CMX.IMG
VAA.TXT
XD.IMG
YELLFIN

What I am trying to do is crack the code for making my own Muzak disk. Why? I am trying to take my own Jazz Library and load them up with a disc for Friday and Saturday nights (our big family nights) with tons of Sinatra, Martin, etc. on MUZAK format, which I know someone out there must have done already.

Anyone know anything or be able to find anything on this? Any help is appreciated. I've done my usual rounds and come up empty handed and been at this 3 days now.
<<

ShawnB

Post Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:09 pm

Re: Strange MUZAK Format Question

Have you checked through this thread?

http://club.cdfreaks.com/f57/whats-muza ... ndex2.html
<<

Beamrider

Post Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:54 pm

Indeed I have.... The DIP Switch method doesn't apply to this system... The posts there are over 4 years old, and I just don't buy that someone hasn't cracked this yet... Also, The links they provide are all dead.
<<

louisfriend

Post Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:19 pm

we have the Muzak MV2 with an SD card with the files on it. as much as I can gather at the moment is that it's an sha-1 encrypted file in some MUZAK5 format that I was able to gather from checking the file in a hex editor. besides that, I'm a bit at a loss on how to encode/decode these.

Return to Hardware