EC-Council Quietly Releases...

<<

venom77

Post Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:35 pm

EC-Council Quietly Releases...

EC-Council seems to have (quietly) released their EC-Council Global Services division.

Looks like they plan to offer security assessments and penetration tests. They have a link asking for resumes as well, so they may be hiring. There is also some sort of EGS Partner program.

Don't jump on anything just yet though, the info email address yields a "mailbox disabled for this recipient error" when trying to send to it.

BillV
<<

dalepearson

Post Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:00 am

Re: EC-Council Quietly Releases...

Be interested to see what happens here, every man and their dog are offering these services, so will be interesting to see how EC-Council make it.
<<

RoleReversal

Post Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:16 am

Think I read something about this a while back (possibly on ec-council' site). Assuming my memory is working this early in the morning that plan was to use the pool of C|EH certified techies as resources to deal with local issues in their area as a consultancy/contract type basis. I can't find anything about this in the linked page so they may have changed their minds and gone internal.

Does anyone have any more info regarding this? Specifically I'd be interested to know the terms being offered to those accredited, may memory recalls something about being available to do the work is a requirement of staying accredited, but I could have dreamt that part.

Hopefully someone can aid my poor and confused memory as I can't find my original source.
<<

venom77

Post Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:31 am

I believe that EGS is what actually will be putting the "EC-Council Tiger Team" (that we've discussed here before) to work. The plan for that was to pull a local LPT into a consulting position when it was available in their local area.

Looks like they may have dropped that idea and are just rolling with the new EGS group.

Don, maybe you could do one of your interviews with Jay or Larry to get more information about this?

Bill
<<

LSOChris

Post Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:37 am

ohhh finally a use for the LPT
<<

geekyone

Post Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:34 pm

I don't know Billv they may still be using the local consultant idea.  If you look at the "Why Choose EGS?" page they say:

• Local consultants who understand the business culture in your community

• Local client service teams mean that your money stays in the local community

If you could become one of their local consultants that would certainly make getting an LPT more attractive.
CISSP, CEH, GPEN, GCIH, GCFA
<<

venom77

Post Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:40 pm

Yeah I saw that. I also noticed they have some sort of a "Partner" program as well... not quite sure what all that includes though. That's why I had sent an email to the address they have listed, but received an error in reply. :-\

Return to News from the Outside World