Reason 3.0 Serial Number Trouble

<<

Vexandsiolence

Post Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:43 am

Reason 3.0 Serial Number Trouble

Hello everyone.  Does anyone know of a method or a program to bypass the serial number registration prompt when installing software from a CD -- for Reason 3.0 (a Propellerhead Software program) in particular?  Before you all think I'm trying to bootleg software or do something equally evil, let me tell you my sob story first:

I am the proud owner of Reason 3.0, a music production program.  I used it to compose psychotic rockin industrial music and had a jolly good time exorcising my personal demons into audio format; until recently, when I encountered trouble with it after I tried installing MIDI drivers (so I could route instruments and mics into Reason.)  Apparently, the new software has compatibility issues with my sound card, and now I can't get Reason to make any sound at all.  Out of desperation, I tried uninstalling the MIDI drivers and setting the computer's audio settings back to normal, but the problem strangely persists.  It's gotten so screwed up that I've given up trying to fix the problem and decided to instead install Reason on a different computer with the right kind of sound card in it and work from there.  However, the good folks at Propellerhead saw fit to make their software invalidate its serial number after one installation, so even though I enter the serial number correctly, it won't accept it.  To top it all off, their tech support team is a bunch of lazy, inaccessible shmucks who have yet to get back to me on this issue.  So please, if anyone can tell me a way to crack the serial number registration prompt, I would be eternally grateful.  Thank you for your time.
<<

geekyone

Post Fri Aug 15, 2008 3:18 pm

Re: Reason 3.0 Serial Number Trouble

Sounds like you have already taken the right approach by contacting the software manufacturer.  If I were you I would simply persevere and keep bugging the Tech Support until you get what you want.  After all how are they going to fix their problems (software and support) if their customers don't keep at them?

However if you insist on delving into the dark arts (which I don't recommend) to fix your problem the link below is as good a place to start as any.

Astalavista.box.sk  *** Warning: not a friendly site ***

But choose wisely, for while the true Grail will bring you life, the false Grail will take it from you.
CISSP, CEH, GPEN, GCIH, GCFA
<<

Ketchup

Post Fri Aug 15, 2008 3:46 pm

Re: Reason 3.0 Serial Number Trouble

One thing that works for me is to send a few messages describing the incompetence of tech support to the company's executives.  They typically don't like to be bothered with such email, but can't really ignore them.  I usually google private company contact information and use edgar online search for public companies' records.  Propellerhead is a private company.  I believe the executives are as follows:

CEO - Ernst Nathorst-Böös
Marketing Director - Tage Widsell
Public Relations, US - Marsha Vdovin

Marsha has a public website with her private email and phone number listed on it.  You can google it.

Tage's email address is tage@propellerheads.se (from a google search).  You can extrapolate the others from this.

If nothing else works, you can try variations of first and last names to determine what the correct email address format is.  Once you do, send your message to them.

Good luck...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ketchup

Return to Hardware