Post Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:27 am

FORGOT WIN XP ADMINISTRATOR PASWORD

Hi

I Forgot my win xp administrator password.how can i recover it
<<

RoleReversal

Post Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:59 am

Re: FORGOT WIN XP ADMINISTRATOR PASWORD

Google. This has been answered multiple times in multiple places. A bit of research is all you need.

Most solutions assume that you have physical access to the box, but this shouldn't be a problem as it is your server, right?
<<

geekyone

Post Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:31 am

OK, I just can't stop wondering.  You are a Network Administrator for your company according to your previous thread.  At least a small portion of your job makes you responsible to investigate leakage of confidential company information via Gmail but you don't know how to reset a Windows XP admin account?  Maybe I am wrong but I find it hard to believe a Network Admin hasn't already had to do that a few times in their career.  What makes me more suspicious is that in the last thread we told you your best solution would be to install a keylogger on the PC which would require admin rights.  If I am wrong I apologize in advance.
???
CISSP, CEH, GPEN, GCIH, GCFA
<<

eth3real

Post Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:22 am

All caps in the title is still annoying.

Reseting the administrator password is very easy if you have another user with admin rights, such as your own account if you are an administrator.
Put that in your pipe and grep it!
<<

venom77

Post Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:38 am

Seems to be an influx in new, odd members these days... ::)
<<

oneeyedcarmen

Post Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:42 am

BillV wrote:Seems to be an influx in new, odd members these days... ::)

there's enough of us OLD odd members  ;D
Reluctant CISSP, Certified ASS
<<

g00d_4sh

Post Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:43 pm

It's painful for me not to answer the question, as it is such a simple question.  None the less... I have to agree that it is comming accross rather dubious when combined with lack of basic 'admin' experience, in either the computer or legal realms.  Google works as an answer for this one I guess. 
"Bad.. Good?  I'm the guy with the gun"
<<

sayonara.yoga

Post Sat Jun 21, 2008 12:48 am

Hi all

i really wonder about the answer you given
rather than answer on point why u always move other side

any way i know the solution but i want to klnow if is therre any other solution
present or
not

finally thanks to all
<<

RoleReversal

Post Sat Jun 21, 2008 1:59 am

sayonara.yoga wrote:any way i know the solution but i want to klnow if is therre any other solution
present or not

Sayonara,

that would be easier to advise on if we knew which solution you already know. Likewise if you had provided this information initially it may have allowed those that have helped you to provide the information you are actually looking for.

As you're the administrator for this environment, does it matter how many solutions you know providing you can get the job done?
<<

Efferri

Post Mon Jun 23, 2008 5:14 pm

This smells a taaadddd fishy.

#1, Any Network.Sys admin should know AT LEAST one way to reset a password without resorting to hacking the password at all using the XP CD.

#2 Combining it with the previous question you asked about Gmail accounts throws up some red flags.  I'm not here to help someone hack into boxes (regardless on how secure they are) and I don't think many people here are either.  If you want answers on how to hack into systems, use IRC.

Those two points combined with the general demeanor of your posts makes me not want to deal with you at all.  If you want my advice, find someone to replace you at your job.  Someone that is competent.

On the other hand, this may just be a troll. 
<<

Artful Dodger

Post Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:57 am

This is a little off topic, but I really do appreciate a genuine notion of ethics in this group.  And it is done with out all the internet board anger\garbage talk\ or what ever you would like to call it.  I dont find that much in my profession....so Cheers to all!

to the person that posted - dont be offended if you are a newbie or a seasoned IT person.  This is good litmus testing just as our profession needs.
CISSP, C|HFI, Security+, Network+, XYZ...blah.
<<

g00d_4sh

Post Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:52 pm

Thank you for the compliments Artful Dodger.  I think as a community we are sometimes a bit over zealous... but it is with good intent.  I've been to far more blunt places of discussion... and I agree the boards here are pretty friendly.  I think that is part of the reason behind it, a good number of people in professional positions irl, rather than just hobbiest.  NOTHING against hobbiests mind you, I'm one myself... which is probably why with work and hobby.. my lady gets frustrated at times with my devotion to my computer.  None the less, there is for the most part a common rule of courtesy and tactful demenor that I enjoy in this board.
"Bad.. Good?  I'm the guy with the gun"

Return to Network Pen Testing