Tutor -- Discussion for learning programming with Python

<<

don

Administrator
Administrator

Post Thu Jun 05, 2008 3:13 pm

Tutor -- Discussion for learning programming with Python

Tutor is a listserv run by the folks at python.org for those interested in learning this language. I've never used it myself, but was looking around and found it. Thought it might be useful.

About Tutor

This list is for folks who want to ask questions regarding how to learn computer programming with the Python language.

Python (http://www.python.org) is a programming language which many feel is a good first language, because it makes it easy to express the fundamental concepts of programming such as data structures and algorithms with a syntax which many find easy to read and write.

Folks interested in learning about programming with Python are encouraged to join, as are folks interested in helping others learn. While the list is called tutor, anyone, whether novice or expert, can answer questions.

If individuals wish to start off-line conversations about a particular concept and become one-on-one tutor/tutee, that's fine. If either party wants to summarize what they learned for others to benefit, that's fine too.

There is a searchable interface to archived Tutor messages on Activestate's web site and another one at Gmane.

There are many on-line resources that can help you get started with Python. See the Beginners Guide for a list of some good ones.

To see the collection of prior postings to the list, visit the Tutor Archives.

Hope this helps,
Don
CISSP, MCSE, CSTA, Security+ SME
<<

phn1x

Post Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:38 pm

Re: Tutor -- Discussion for learning programming with Python

I've been using python for a few months now and I love it. I've even recently fell in love with SCAPY.

I've found you will pick up quite a bit of the language if you hang out in #python in efnet.

There's also a free ebook for it.

http://www.diveintopython.org/
<<

pjayes

Post Thu Jun 05, 2008 6:42 pm

great information don
thanks
pjayes
<<

shakuni

Post Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:15 am

If you guys have any problems regarding python, post here and they'll be solved. Happy?
There is no rule, law or tradition that apply universally... including this one.

Return to Programming