CISSP is the best!!!!

<<

blackice2007

Post Sun Jun 01, 2008 6:13 pm

CISSP is the best!!!!

Trust me CISSP is the best and one of the professional certification in this world. I am doing double masters (MBA-INFOSEC and Master of Science in Security Engineer). Whatever you do in your life, first get a degree then the certificates. I always follow these two girls one is Laura Chappell and the other is Shon Harris.
BlackIce don't melt!
=============================
C|EH, SSP-MPA, GHTQ, GCWN, SSP-GHD
<<

Dengar13

Post Sun Jun 01, 2008 6:31 pm

Re: CISSP is the best!!!!

Please don't take this the wrong way, or me being rude, but what was the point of this post? 
A+, Net+, MCP, CEH
MCSE: Security/Messaging
MCSA: Security/Messaging
Former U.S. Marine and damn proud of it!
<<

blackice2007

Post Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:33 am

Sorry for the confused. My point was CISSP is the best so far but if you don’t have CISSP get a Computer Science degree. It will help you a lot to understand how management and psychology work in IT department. 
BlackIce don't melt!
=============================
C|EH, SSP-MPA, GHTQ, GCWN, SSP-GHD
<<

chrisgriffin

Post Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:11 pm

blackice2007 wrote:Sorry for the confused. My point was CISSP is the best so far but if you don’t have CISSP get a Computer Science degree. It will help you a lot to understand how management and psychology work in IT department. 

I have my CISSP and I also have others, like some from ISECOM covering the OSSTMM. In fact (disclaimer) I got so into it I am now their US trainer for their certifications working directly for ISECOM.

The CISSP in my experience is really only good for the paper compliance side of things. The OPST is for actually testing and the test is hands on, you actually work the problems to come up with the answer not just pick from a list. In fact, the OPST and OPSA certs are a part of the Masters in security program at La Salle University in Barcelona Spain.

Im not saying the CISSP has no value, But its quickly becoming one of those that anyone that studys can go pass. And no, the time in the industry requirements dont make a difference, you can be "creative" and they will still accept it.

Return to General Certification