Help! Physical pentest messed up - need legal advice

<<

Michael_E_Danielson

Post Sat Apr 19, 2008 1:34 pm

Help! Physical pentest messed up - need legal advice

Does anybody know anything about hardwares from a legal stand? I weally, weally need some help!

I had just completed a bachelor in CS and finished my CEH examination so I wanted to earn some quick cash and agreed to do some pentesting for my uncle's firm. I checked the website (www.gratis-spil.dk) yesterday and found no flaws. But today when I did physical pentesting, it went all wrong: I wanted to check if the accounting server had an UPS, so I took the power cord out of the back of the box beside the computer, and the computer instantly went black. When I turned it on again, it just said "Error initializing hard drive controller" with white text. I reboot a 100 times, but it keeps saying the same and staying there. When I told my uncle, he got very angry and fired me, because the computer has all the passwords for the ebank in it and no one has copies of them. This means that my uncle will only be able to get money from on monday when the customer support opens and by that time he has lost many dollars.
I told him im sorry, but he said he was going to sue me anyway. How are my chances? I'm very young and don't want to be jailed or fined for this accident...

-Michael
<<

venom77

Post Sat Apr 19, 2008 3:46 pm

Re: Help! Physical pentest messed up - need legal advice

I don't know if this is supposed to be a spoof from that other poster or what, but if by some chance you're asking a serious question.. I would suggest getting a lawyer as you're pretty much screwed.

What kind of idiot pulls out a power cable to "see if it has a UPS"?
<<

Kev

Post Sat Apr 19, 2008 4:11 pm

Same kind of idiot that calls someone stupid for not using /h in windows?
<<

RoleReversal

Post Sun Apr 20, 2008 12:09 pm

Michael_E_Danielson wrote:I weally, weally need some help!

I'm starting to guess that the recent 'stupid' posts are fictious. So what you weally need is a life

P.S. if serious, take BillV's advice...
<<

g00d_4sh

Post Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:14 pm

That has to be a joke.  No one with a piss of common sense would do that.  If you got a Bachelors in CS... and you're still doing shit like that, you need to go back to IT 101, or take a basic A+ class. 
"Bad.. Good?  I'm the guy with the gun"

Return to Hardware