problems booting bt2final

<<

ethanhunt

Post Sun Apr 13, 2008 11:43 pm

problems booting bt2final

when i boot bt2final off of the livecd i burned i get an error.
it says like:
" livedata not found, unsupported scsi or pcmcia cdrom boot from main directory c:\"
It says this error right when it gets to usb detection.
i tried cheatcodes nothing happened.
i tried to check md5 it was ok.
i tried alot of stuff.
i searched countless forums and noone has the answer.
but it boots fine on my desktop but it dont boot on my laptop.
i have dell insiron with a dell wireless 1390 wlan mini card.
is it not supported because of my card?
because i cant download any wifi tools for windows thats compatible with that card, i always get an error that says "unsupported card" does it mean i have to buy another card for bt2 final to work or any other tool period?
<<

LSOChris

Post Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:21 pm

Re: problems booting bt2final

think how badass your real linux install would have been if you had invested that time into that.
<<

ethanhunt

Post Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:40 pm

i understand what your saying but what if installed it on my hdd. And then i still get the same error. Then the installation would been for nothing. My question is there any way around this error?
<<

Kev

Post Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:54 pm

Unfortunately Bt2 has conflicts with certain motherboard chipsets. You will find some  laptops boot just fine and others not at all. Since you cant boot there really is not much you can do. Just make sure the copy you burned is good. Burn it at the slowest possible speed you can. I have had issues booting BT and then re burned the cd at a slow speed and the problem laptop booted just fine.  If that doesnt help then you are dead in the water unless you buy a new laptop that works with BT.  Actually you would be better off just installing your own distro, say Ubuntu, and installing your own tools. With just a little effort you can make your own "backtrack".
Last edited by Kev on Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to Tutorials