fastest gpu ever

<<

iSmith

Post Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:01 am

fastest gpu ever

Brutal. That's all i can say about nVidia's latest gpu.
read more here
http://www.techradar.com/news/computing/pc/fastest-graphics-card-ever-created-to-change-gaming-268690
In my eyes, your operating system is as solid as swiss cheese.
<<

LSOChris

Post Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:34 pm

Re: fastest gpu ever

very cool. i'm also hijacking your thread to talk about elcomsoft's distributed password cracker that uses GPUs to do the cracking.  anyone used this yet?

http://elcomsoft.com/edpr.html

"Elcomsoft Distributed Password Recovery employs a revolutionary, patent pending technology to accelerate password recovery when a compatible NVIDIA graphics card is present in addition to the CPU-only mode. Currently supporting all GeForce8 boards, the acceleration technology offloads parts of computational-heavy processing onto the fast and highly scalable processors featured in the NVIDIA’s latest graphic accelerators.

The acceleration technology developed by ElcomSoft allows the execution of mathematically intensive password recovery code on the massively parallel computational elements found in latest NVIDIA graphic accelerators. The GPU acceleration is unique to Elcomsoft Distributed Password Recovery, making password recovery up to twenty times faster compared to password recovery methods that only use the computer’s main CPU."

of course, with passing the hash there is really no reason to crack passwords anymore
<<

venom77

Post Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:59 pm

Wow, very badass. I hadn't heard of that before. Definitely going to check it out :) Thanks, Chris!
<<

MadmanTM

Post Sat Nov 22, 2008 8:12 pm

Well i tested the software and it's more like 10 times faster, but it's quite impressive since it's able to use two or more indentical cores.

here it goes for the nvidia and intel wars :)

god bless cuda.
Network+, Security+
CEH Soon.

Return to Hardware