VTC Learning Library Free One month subscription

<<

morpheus063

Post Sun Mar 16, 2008 10:51 am

VTC Learning Library Free One month subscription

Hi All,

VTC Just released the One Month Free Subscription to their Learning Library.

Click Here for the link

Use fmfr33trial as Promotional Code.

Happy Learning

Regards,
Manu Zacharia
MVP (Enterprise Security), ISLA-2010 (ISC)², C|EH, C|HFI, CCNA, MCP,
Certified ISO 27001:2005 Lead Auditor

[b]There are 3 roads to spoil; women, gambling & hacking. The most pleasant with women, the quickest with gambling, but the surest is hacking - c0c0n
<<

Marshel007

Post Sun Mar 16, 2008 12:58 pm

Re: VTC Learning Library Free One month subscription

Thanks Manu man.:) I just registered.
<<

RoleReversal

Post Mon Mar 17, 2008 3:34 am

Cheers Manu,

guess I've got a lot of late nights ahead of me...
<<

RoleReversal

Post Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:57 am

Guys,

I've just completed the free portion of VTC's "Ethical Hacking & Penetration Testing Tutorials", thanks again for the link Manu. Whilst I've enjoyed the experience there wasn't a lot of specific content. I appreciate that the tutorials available freely just cover the overviews of each topic, but I was expecting a bit more.

Does anyone have any experience of this offering before I part with my hard (possibly) earned cash to get access to the rest of the series? Or would I be better off saving and spending a bit more with another trainer (the Offensive Security 101 on line program for example)?
<<

morpheus063

Post Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:29 am

I think OffSec 101 is going to be the best choice if you are comfortable with the basics. Be prepared for the Offsec - its really going to be a real challenging experience. I am currently doing it.
Manu Zacharia
MVP (Enterprise Security), ISLA-2010 (ISC)², C|EH, C|HFI, CCNA, MCP,
Certified ISO 27001:2005 Lead Auditor

[b]There are 3 roads to spoil; women, gambling & hacking. The most pleasant with women, the quickest with gambling, but the surest is hacking - c0c0n
<<

RoleReversal

Post Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:41 am

Manu Zacharia - aka - The Morpheus wrote:I think OffSec 101 is going to be the best choice if you are comfortable with the basics. Be prepared for the Offsec - its really going to be a real challenging experience. I am currently doing it.

Thanks Manu, think that confirm my suspicions.

If OffSec 101 is that challenging do you mind me asking what your experience/skill sets was like before you took the course? Would be nice to be able to better gauge whether I'm ready for some of the training I've got my eye on.
<<

vijay2

Post Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:45 am

I can second Manu on Offsec 101 ... It was the most challenging cert i ever did, it was kinda fun and exhausting 24 hrs. ;D
GPEN GCFA GCIH CISSP CISA GSEC OSCP C|EH Security+
<<

RoleReversal

Post Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:55 am

vijay2 wrote:it was kinda fun and exhausting 24 hrs. ;D

It's the examination that is putting me off at the moment. I know the theory and handle security systems and audits on a regular basis, but I'm not confident that my skillset it tuned enough to work to that level under pressure.

If I take the course I'll definitely be going for the 60days lab access first and just spend 2 months solid at it. How well are the labs set-up? From previous training I've seen some fantastic labs and I've seen some that I could have knocked together in under 30 minutes.

How good is the training material? I've seen/read the C|EH courseware (older version though) and was disappointed with the general finish and readability of it. Although the technical information seemed excellent at the time.

As with the VTC course, I'm on a limited budget at the moment so would like to make sure I'm getting the best ROI for my level of experience and ability. First hand experience always seems to be the best guide with these things.

Return to Links to cool sites.