"hacker" PDA?

<<

venom77

Post Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:35 pm

"hacker" PDA?

So, I'm shopping around for a new phone and considering getting one of the available PDA devices out there. I'm currently with AT&T wireless, but my contract is set to expire shortly so I'll have pretty much free roam to go with any carrier.

I've heard a lot of differing opinions on the devices whether it be the Nokia, Blackberry, Treo, etc. I'm wondering what recommendations everyone here has and what "fun" activities can be done with certain models :)
<<

dannioni

Post Sun Mar 16, 2008 2:17 pm

Re: "hacker" PDA?

www.irongeek.com has done some article about hacking with the nokia N800 or something like that, can't remember exactly. I pentest wlans a lot so for me it would be great to be able to that with a pda.
<<

LSOChris

Post Sun Mar 16, 2008 3:34 pm

i was just thinking about getting a eee pc (hence the post on it) you can get a full laptop for the price of n800 (well, new model anyway)
<<

venom77

Post Mon Mar 17, 2008 3:01 pm

Thanks for the replies guys.  I actually ended up with an iPhone. Mostly because I've been looking at getting an iPod for a while now and since I needed a new phone this was a good fit.

Plus, just like Chris, I've been looking at that EeePC too and might end up picking one up. I just haven't had a chance to get out to the store and play with one yet (I think someone told me Best Buy has them).
<<

LSOChris

Post Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:04 pm

really!!??

thats all i need for an excuse to go to BB then. :-)
<<

eth3real

Post Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:26 pm

I'm using a BlackBerry. It wasn't my choice, I might go with a PocketPC in the future, but the good thing is that you can get an SSH client (MidpSSH) on it... though, you probably can on most smartphones. :P
Put that in your pipe and grep it!
<<

venom77

Post Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:15 am

ChrisG wrote:really!!??

thats all i need for an excuse to go to BB then. :-)

I know they sell them on the website, and someone told me that they have them on display there. If you get to play with one, tell us what you think :)
<<

LSOChris

Post Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:48 am

i'm about to buy a house, so its gonna be a minute or so.  but i may go take a look at one at lunch
<<

kaizo

Post Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:53 pm

It may be a late post but openmoko a linux distro phone may be an interesting option.

I've had my eyes on it for a while.

Great thing is that you could code and compile.

Thus you could make your own tools for it.

http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Main_Page

Return to Network Pen Testing