CEH courses in Europe

<<

anton

Post Thu Mar 13, 2008 7:36 am

CEH courses in Europe

Hi

I was searching for a ATC in Europe to take CEH classes. Can you advice any? Maybe someone as already attended courses and have feedback?
It seems quite impossible to find this info anywhere else.

Hope you can help me.

Thanks
Anton
Last edited by anton on Thu Mar 13, 2008 7:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

RoleReversal

Post Thu Mar 13, 2008 8:29 am

Re: CEH courses in Europe

Anton,

which part of europe? Might be my part of the world.

Oh, and welcome to the site ;D
<<

anton

Post Thu Mar 13, 2008 8:57 am

West side... pretty much north  ;D

but I have an airport close so I don't mind travel a bit ;)

thanks for wellcoming ... also :)
<<

RoleReversal

Post Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:39 am

I know of a couple of places near that part of the world. First is the MTC testing centre in Sunderland, UK (http://www.mtc-training.co.uk/). If you don't know the location you're lucky, there are a number of local airports nearby, Newcastle and Durham-Tees, but they are mainly to allow the sensible locals to leave ;D

I have also come across a company called IT Security Training (www.itsecuritytraining.com) that boasts some intensive courses. They work out of a hotel in Scotland (Edinburgh I think) and a hotel in London. If memory serves they advertise with both Computing Weekly and the BCS so they should be fairly reputable.

As I haven't taken any of the courses myself I can't offer any experience, but they both seem to talk a good talk from the interactions I have had with them.

Hope this is of some use, happy hunting
<<

don

Administrator
Administrator

Post Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:45 am

Welcome to EH-Net. Glad to see you're getting some answers. We pride ourselves in being helpful.

Our premier training partner for ChicagoCon, Training Camp, has a European arm named Firebrand. They have UK and DE groups. Check them out:

http://www.firebrandtraining.co.uk/home

You may want to contact Collin Walsh (collin@chicagocon.com) here in the US office, tell him we sent you, and he can get you where you need to be.

Hope this helps,
Don
Last edited by don on Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
CISSP, MCSE, CSTA, Security+ SME
<<

RoleReversal

Post Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:24 am

Don,

thanks for the link, haven't come across the Firebrand Training in my research,  I'm not entirely sure how looking at the list of courses on the site. I'll keep them bookmarked for when I finally get some funds together for training.
<<

shawal

Post Fri Mar 14, 2008 2:01 am

I know a colleague at work who is going to take the CEH bootcamp style course with them, they foucs on learning the tools and thier different options, more hands on than theory, that's what he says at least. If i am going for hands on course, I would not restrict myself to CEH, i would go online with offensive-security.com, infosec, lso, or heorot.net. if it is an offical training i would rather go to blackhat, however i am in the same situation as you are far away from any reputable training venue, or if there is a close by training usually when i am overloaded with work. the one training that i have been hearing good things about is the senspost they do offer training in Europe through thier partners and blackhat.

Is there any specific reason that you are restricting yourself to CEH  training?
RHCE, GIAC GCIH.
<<

Bogwitch

Post Sun Mar 16, 2008 5:20 pm

I took my CISSP with Firebrand, my C|EH and also my C|HFI (although it was TrainingCamp at the time)
The fact that I went back there twice already and plan to return for my ECSA/LPT (Just awaiting funding approval) should speak volumes.
As long as you are comfortable with the bootcamp style, it will probably suit you. Don't expect a party, expect a pass.
CISSP, C|EH, C|HFI

Return to CEH - Certified Ethical Hacker