SANS Delays Penetration Testing Summit

<<

don

Administrator
Administrator

Post Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:40 pm

SANS Delays Penetration Testing Summit

I usually put event listings only in here, but couldn't think of a better place to put this announcement from SANS. I'll put up a listing in the actual Calendar of Events as well.

For the first time in its 19 years of existence, SANS has postponed a scheduled event.  The Penetration Testing and Ethical Hacking Summit was moved from March to June, but for a very good reason: to allow the Pen Testing folks to also attend the web application security sessions at SANS Application Security Summit, and vice versa.  But that's not the only good news.  By delaying it to June, we were also able to persuade both Johnny Long (the highest rated hacking speaker other than Ed Skoudis - who will chair the Summit) and H.D. Moore (the renowned author of Metasploit) to come share their latest findings at the Pen Testing and Ethical Hacking Summit.

So if you buy penetration testing services or if you perform penetration testing or red teaming, please join others with like interests in Las Vegas June 2-3 (courses June 4-5).

http://www.sans.org/info/24569

Don
CISSP, MCSE, CSTA, Security+ SME
<<

pseud0

Recruiters
Recruiters

Post Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:20 pm

Re: SANS Delays Penetration Testing Summit

I can't say that I'm mad about this.  When they moved the date they gave me access to another two day session and my company gets to send another person along at half price.  That means I get double the h@x0r time and a drinking buddy at the same time!
CISSP, CISM, CISA, GCIH, GREM, CEH, HMFIC, KTHXBIROFLCOPTER
<<

Mr. Roboto

Post Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:41 pm

I'm sure the GPEN course will be as awesome as it will be difficult.  Does anyone know how long SANS will wait to release On Demand for GPEN?
A+, Security+, HDI Support Center Analyst, MCTS: Vista
<<

Mr. Roboto

Post Wed Feb 27, 2008 12:58 am

An interesting article from SANS about how GPEN compares to GCIH and CEH.

http://www.sans.edu/resources/securityl ... ng_560.php
A+, Security+, HDI Support Center Analyst, MCTS: Vista
<<

don

Administrator
Administrator

Post Wed Feb 27, 2008 3:12 pm

@Home will be available in June. Nothing specific yet on OnDemand, but I'm sure it will be available sometime this year. Seeing as how OnDemand is simply a recording of a live class, and there will be several this year, it's only a matter of time.

The cert exam, GPEN, for this course will not be available during the first course in the DC area, Tysons Corner, but will be offered at the Orlando event and thereafter.

BTW - This came directly from Ed this morning.

Don
CISSP, MCSE, CSTA, Security+ SME

Return to Calendar Of Events