so is any one nice enough to......

<<

locomotive

Post Fri Feb 22, 2008 6:26 pm

so is any one nice enough to......

is any on nice enough to teach me how to hack i would love to learn plus ive got tones of time because im 14. and i love computers  :)  and i know a little about the internet

thanks
Last edited by locomotive on Fri Feb 22, 2008 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

LSOChris

Post Fri Feb 22, 2008 6:47 pm

Re: so is any one nice enough to..................

ask Kev
<<

locomotive

Post Fri Feb 22, 2008 7:25 pm

Re: so is any one nice enough to..................

ok where do i find him lol :)
<<

Kev

Post Mon Feb 25, 2008 2:41 pm

Re: so is any one nice enough to......

Ask who?  ;D
<<

rance

Post Mon Feb 25, 2008 3:11 pm

locomotive wrote:is any on nice enough to teach me how to hack i would love to learn plus ive got tones of time because im 14. and i love computers  :)   and i know a little about the internet

thanks

I'll teach you.  But first, you have to send me your account password for this site so that I can give you access to the special h4x0r section.  Just go ahead an PM me.
Poking at security since 1986.  +++ATH
<<

Kev

Post Mon Feb 25, 2008 3:15 pm

Sweet! Will you teach me also if I send you my password?  ;)
<<

rance

Post Mon Feb 25, 2008 3:21 pm

Kev wrote:Sweet! Will you teach me also if I send you my password?  ;)

Well, duh!  I'll teach *anyone* who sends me their password.

I'll teech `em guuuuuuuuuud!
<<

locomotive

Post Mon Feb 25, 2008 5:06 pm

ha ha not funny is any actually willing to teach me to hack because i wonna learn  ;D    because it sounds like your bullshiting :-[ with me or am i wrong
Last edited by locomotive on Mon Feb 25, 2008 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

don

Administrator
Administrator

Post Mon Feb 25, 2008 5:16 pm

Hey locomotive,

I applaud your enthusiasm to learn how to hack, but with the complexity of systems, networks, applications, etc, your request almost sounds like someone asking...

Hey , I'm 14 and have a lot of time on my hands. Can you teach me open heart surgery?

It's not realistic. A better question would be...

Hey all, I'm 14 and have a lot of time on my hands. I'm eager to start learning and have been through many of the forum posts dealing with newcomers. Is TCP/IP really the place to start? Or... based on reading numerous posts, I have a question about the 3-way handshake. Can someone help me understand it?

I hopes this makes sense, and points you in the right direction. This will open many more doors and prevent the bullshitting.

Looking forward to seeing your knowledge grow over the years,
Don
CISSP, MCSE, CSTA, Security+ SME
<<

locomotive

Post Mon Feb 25, 2008 5:38 pm

don wrote:

Hey all, I'm 14 and have a lot of time on my hands. I'm eager to start learning and have been through many of the forum posts dealing with newcomers. Is TCP/IP really the place to start? Or... based on reading numerous posts, I have a question about the 3-way handshake. Can someone help me understand it?

yes i did understand thanks, so is TCP/IP a good place to start or shall i like you said read numerous posts, i just wonna get started all ready lol. and you sound like you know what your talking about aswell.

tahnks
<<

rance

Post Mon Feb 25, 2008 5:47 pm

locomotive wrote:ha ha not funny is any actually willing to teach me to hack because i wonna learn  ;D    because it sounds like your bullshiting :-[ with me or am i wrong

Try this thread, for starters: http://www.ethicalhacker.net/component/ ... ic,1979.0/
<<

don

Administrator
Administrator

Post Mon Feb 25, 2008 5:53 pm

TCP/IP = Yes
Read Posts = Yes
Ask more specific questions = Yes
Ask broad questions like teach me to hack = Bullshit

The most important thing to know about the hacker mindset is that it is hungry for knowledge, naturally curious but most importantly self-motivating.

Give us a little effort of your own, and you'd be amazed how much you get in return.

Don
CISSP, MCSE, CSTA, Security+ SME
<<

locomotive

Post Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:04 pm

Ask broad questions like teach me to hack = Bullshit  ha lol made me laugh

and i have a lot of self-motivating and love learning new things well thanks i will learn thos things and i will be looking at posts

thanks
<<

Bogwitch

Post Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:56 pm

My 2p worth.
Learn hardware - build pc's from old components, mess about.
Learn Linux, any distro - old ones, new ones. Play with multiple OSes - virtualise.
Read the Linux Net howto. It's big, it's heavy going when you get started but it taught me more about networking than any course could.
Read forums, read Usenet, read books.
Don't rush. Don't expect to be an expert any time soon. I doubt there's one person in here that doesn't seek to learn more every day. One of my favourite phrases is 'every day's a school day' and I'm pleased as punch when I get to use it!

Learn to program, learn C, learn assembler, learn how a processor works. Learn how binary works, learn how hexadecimal works.

This might not be popular - study at school. If you're going to be sucessful in the security field, you written, oral and mathematic skills will need to be as good as possible. You may end up being an excellent pen tester but if you can't communicate with your client, you won't get the business.

Don't be tempted to hack systems without permission. Young men + jail != good times. When you want to try out some hacking, that's when you'll use the extra systems you made from old spares and virtual machines.
HTH
CISSP, C|EH, C|HFI
<<

RoleReversal

Post Tue Feb 26, 2008 8:53 am

Locomotive,

as several people have stated, 'Don't expect to become an expert over night'.

For a real world example, I started getting interested in computer security at around the same age (around the time I first saw the film 'hackers', I'll hide now... ;) ). I've since spent six years studying computer science at college/university. And I mean computer science, we learnt C, assembly, real-time scheduling, sockets, TCP/IP, etc.etc. not a course in HTML design. Following that I've had a security 'related' role for nearly 3 years.

I'm still yet to crack a real system, but I have spent several times incident handling for clients who have had issues or designing evironments to limit the risk/severity of such incidents.

Oh, and I still don't know jack and still have LOADS of stuff I want to learn (it's why I'm here after all).

Basically, keep at it and try not to take shortcuts, there aren't any.... (if I'm wrong can someone let me know ;D )
Next

Return to Network Pen Testing