what I have to do to avoid someone hacks my youtube account?

<<

nereida

Post Fri Feb 22, 2008 5:41 am

what I have to do to avoid someone hacks my youtube account?

Hi, I clicked this link a person sent to me, and after then, a person said that had seen my ip, how is this possible?

I drop the link here, just don´t click on it, because I think it must be something harmful,

can you see just by looking at it, what type of thing sent me? could have been done worst that see my ip?

hxxp://a50.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/24/l_265a53e517 7a4922fd3e4c08c86e66f9.jpg

This person also told me that his brother know how to hack youtube accounts, what things I have to avoid from  someone wanting to hack my youtube account?

Thank you
Last edited by nereida on Fri Feb 22, 2008 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

venom77

Post Fri Feb 22, 2008 8:16 am

Re: what I have to do to avoid someone hacks my youtube account?

It would appear to be some form of phishing link, seeing as how it's a fake MySpace domain (ie. myspacecdn.com)

Don't click on links from people you don't know.
<<

morpheus063

Post Fri Feb 22, 2008 8:27 am

Hi Nereida,

When you visit any website or URL, your IP address along with other connection details are logged and stored in the server.

Some websites also contain malicious codes, which could download malicious programs or backdoor applications to your computer and use those tools for controlling your computer. If such programs are installed and if the bad guy takes control of your system, he can install keyloggers to get details of your your tube account or any other account for that matter.

So your counter measure is to avoid visiting any links which you are not sure of. If your friends have sent you the link, re-confrim whether they really did send the link, coz sometimes your friends computer could be compromised and the malicious application running on your friends server might have sent the link to you. An awareness of such security issues can be the best remedy.

And welcome to EthicalHacker-Net. All the best,
Manu Zacharia
MVP (Enterprise Security), ISLA-2010 (ISC)², C|EH, C|HFI, CCNA, MCP,
Certified ISO 27001:2005 Lead Auditor

[b]There are 3 roads to spoil; women, gambling & hacking. The most pleasant with women, the quickest with gambling, but the surest is hacking - c0c0n
<<

shawal

Post Mon Mar 10, 2008 3:33 pm

Having your IP address is not the issue here, the issue is that if he has been able to install malware, or steal some of your credentials in form of cookies, ..etc are you are runing as an admin? what operating system you are using, are you software all patched up, do you use any internet security software? antivirus etc? do you know how to check your system, did you notice anything abnormal? from a trusted clean secure machine change your passwords and accounts, have several good passwords for different sites, try not to have a patteren between the old and new, nor the different ones
RHCE, GIAC GCIH.
<<

dean

Post Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:26 pm

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="http://x.myspacecdn.com/modules/common/static/css/header002.css" />
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="http://x.myspacecdn.com/modules/common/static/css/global005.css" />
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="http://x.myspacecdn.com/modules/common/static/css/master.css" />

The url is legit. It seems to be a location where myspace hosts a lot of additional files. The above urls are from the source on the myspace.com home page.

The random jpg image name is generated by myspace. It probably references the real url in a database.

A client side attack via a malicious jpg file is a possibiity. IE had enough of those. The GDI+ vuln or one of the COM vulns would do it. All patched now though. Getting the victim to visit a simple PHP/JS page can retrieve the local IP easily if the user does not have access to the server logs.

dean
<<

shawal

Post Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:35 am

Excellent Dean, however have an open mind it could be not jpeg file, if the extension is jpeg that does not mean it was
RHCE, GIAC GCIH.

Return to Network Pen Testing