Globat Hosting

<<

venom77

Post Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:17 pm

Globat Hosting

Does anyone else happen to use globat.com for web hosting? I noticed they were having some issues yesterday, and they've been down for at least 5 hours today. Looks like all of their hosting IP's as well as their DNS servers are all down. I've been trying the only phone number I could find for tech support, and it's been busy all morning. Just curious to know if anyone else happens to use them at all.
<<

morpheus063

Post Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:24 pm

Re: Globat Hosting

Their website is also not opening. Seems like the admins having a busy day ahead.
Manu Zacharia
MVP (Enterprise Security), ISLA-2010 (ISC)², C|EH, C|HFI, CCNA, MCP,
Certified ISO 27001:2005 Lead Auditor

[b]There are 3 roads to spoil; women, gambling & hacking. The most pleasant with women, the quickest with gambling, but the surest is hacking - c0c0n
<<

venom77

Post Thu Feb 21, 2008 1:55 pm

Yeah, apparently everything with their company seems to be down. Not quite sure what the deal is.

In any case, can anyone recommend a hosting company? Not looking for anything business critical, just to host some low-traffic personal sites w/o ads.
<<

Mr. Roboto

Post Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:20 pm

BillV,

Have you checked into Host Monster?  I recently opened an account with them and I'm currently laying down the foundations of a website.

For less than $100 bucks a year you get a free domain name, unlimited pop/imap accounts, and site building tools. 

I was drawn to all of the bells and whistles, but it is fairly difficult to navigate though.  Still, it has a lot of capabilities.

http://www.hostmonster.com/
A+, Security+, HDI Support Center Analyst, MCTS: Vista
<<

venom77

Post Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:32 pm

I'll take a look at it... when it's up ;) It can't be a good sign that their main site is currently down right now :P

I've heard of HostGator before, and they looked pretty good. I'll have to take a look at them again as well.

Thanks for the info.
<<

carlamiller11

Post Thu Feb 21, 2008 7:21 pm

Globat will be up today

Everyone,

Don't panic everything will be alright within the day... Let us be positive, Im a client too. But I somehow give understanding on incidents that globat experiencing right now. I am so surprised that they are down for 5 hours and I know that they were expecting that they are losing lots of clients right now. Not pretty sure if they are upgrading their servers right now, but hope so ??? But I think this can improve the service esp on email system and uptime of our sites.
<<

venom77

Post Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:15 pm

Well I'm glad you're understanding. I am not. If this was expected downtime, they should advise clients that the systems will be down. In addition, why would it be done during the day and not durring off-peak hours? I don't think that it has anything to do with upgrades. I think something happened and everything crashed.

In any event, I have already moved my domains and signed up with a new web host. I'm now paying less and receiving more. For those interested, I have moved over to Host Department.com for $5.95/mo and pretty much unlimited everything (space, bandwidth, databases, domains, sub-domains, mailboxes, etc). Not a bad deal at all.
<<

Mr. Roboto

Post Fri Feb 22, 2008 11:06 am

Sounds pretty good and the price is right.  How easy is it to navigate?
A+, Security+, HDI Support Center Analyst, MCTS: Vista
<<

venom77

Post Fri Feb 22, 2008 11:27 am

It's actually very easy to navigate, I'm pretty happy with it.
<<

morpheus063

Post Fri Feb 22, 2008 12:19 pm

Hi All,

When it comes to economical hosting without compromising on the quality of service, my choice is 1and1.com. I am really satisfied with the level of service that they provide for such a low price. I am running my 3 web portals on 1and1.com for more than 1 year. Never faced any issues (including mail delivery). 2 GB Mail box size for each users. Just go through their feature list.

If any of you plannning to switch over to 1and1.com, you can use my affiliate link, I will get some points  ;)
Manu Zacharia
MVP (Enterprise Security), ISLA-2010 (ISC)², C|EH, C|HFI, CCNA, MCP,
Certified ISO 27001:2005 Lead Auditor

[b]There are 3 roads to spoil; women, gambling & hacking. The most pleasant with women, the quickest with gambling, but the surest is hacking - c0c0n
<<

venom77

Post Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:57 am

I don't like to revive old topics, but I wanted to provide an update on this one.

HostDepartment.com is no good. My first 30 days is almost up and I'll be cancelling soon in order to receive my refund.

I had multiple problems with getting scripts to work correctly with their server configuration. To this day, when sending out email using their SMTP server, other ISPs seem to be blocking email. Their reliability is absolutely horrible. I can't even count how many times my websites have been unavailable.

You know that when you login to the control panel, click the 'cancel account' area, and see "common reasons for terminations" listed (along with what they will do to try and help keep you), it's a bad thing. I'd imagine many people experience the same issues.

Anyway, I'm checking out the other options, but thought I'd pass along my review of HostDepartment.
<<

shawal

Post Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:03 am

Manu Zacharia,
I have a very bad experince with 1&1, the are a rip-off. they might look cost effective and have cover page ads at least in the UK, however they do not have any good customer relationship, and no good technical support. I moved away from them to godaddy.com, I also use phpwebhosting and for both i am very happy. phpwebhosting are the ones that i get like a personal service. godaddy are more professional.

W.
RHCE, GIAC GCIH.

Return to Other